1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Plese help, I think my cat is dying but lingering

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by catgirl, Jun 12, 2007.

1. catgirl

catgirl New Member

My beloved cat has mytria valve dyspasia, pancretis, a swollen liver, crystals in his bladder, elevated white blood count and low potassium. He's been like this for almost a year. He is on lots of meds and I knew this day would come. Friday he started falling when he walked. He did eat or drink. Sat. his third eyelid started showing, he was weak and wouldn't move till Sat. night. Then he drank some water and ate some food. He has had urine and bowel movements. Sunday he drank more and ate more. He still layed around and got tired easily when he would walk, He also walked crooked. Today he has eaten a little and drank a little but hasn't gotten up as much. His gums have been white since Friday. When he does lay down and "sleep" he is not shutting his eyes all you can see if half of his thrid eye lid. His breathing is 34 breaths per minute and they are deep. He did go off by himself for a while on Sat. but he came back out yesterday and has been under my feet today. I don't know what to do. I don't know if I can put him down. I know he will not get better but he is my baby and I don't think I can do it. I don't think he is in pain. I've talked to the vet and she says that there is nothing more that we can do for him that he is in heart failure. Do any of you know of any signs I should look for or how much longer this will drag out? Thanks. :( [/b]

2. Chezza

Chezza New Member

I am so sorry to hear this, my thoughts are with you, maybe the vet could give your kitty something to make him confortable, does the vets say that he's not in any pain?? I know its hard to look at getting them put to sleep and being put in that decision must be heart breaking.If he is in pain, its only humane to help him go peacefully. Let us know how things are.

3. catgirl

catgirl New Member

THank you. No he is not in pain.

4. Chezza

Chezza New Member

Thats ok..As I said my thoughts are with you..I guess all you can do is comfort him as best you can and make him as comfy as you can..

5. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

Sounds like you are doing the best you can for your kitty. I know it is hard to let them go. You'll know when it's the right time. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

6. bellack1

bellack1 New Member

im also sorry to hear about your baby. Just know its part of the cycle and you'll see your kitty later. Just knowing you're there makes it easier for your kitty.

7. vene

vene New Member

I'm so sorry that you are going through this process. It's heartbreaking. :cry: Putting him down or not is a very personal decision. There's no right or wrong. What matters right now is that you are there for him. Big hugs.

8. Goldy Cat

Goldy Cat New Member

Catgirl,

How are you and your cat doing?

Goldy Cat/Mel