1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Plz help!

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by OneWolvesDream, Apr 25, 2004.

1. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

can a clown loach be used as a bottom feeder (algae eater?)

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Although they'll eat algae waffers, I don't think they would do a good job of eating the algae on decorations or glass. But they will eat little scraps of food that settle on the bottom of the tank and are great at wiping out snail populations.

-Chelle

3. OneWolvesDream

ok, i told the guy what you said and he said that i would clean it properly than the snails leftover i would crush up and feed to the fishes :x he said would keep the plants and anyfishes in a seperate tank for a dy or so, i would add the salt for freshwater, and the stuff i have for desieses.

4. OneWolvesDream

sorry wrong section for this post :)

5. 3_second_memory

3_second_memory New Member

welll, i was hoping that coz i have a clown loach a lepord loach and plecos, that it would decide it was a plecco and clean. But, it wont. it will eat bits of leaf like my pleccos, but thats about it. he dont really pull his weight.

Take care.
    amy. x

6. OneWolvesDream

lol, thats one wat to hope :? i never thought of that! ne ways i have two placcos. they are really cool but grow up to be 9 inches! thats big to me :wink:

7. 3_second_memory

yeah!
    i am hoping my plecco will stay small. Like a munchkin or decide he doesnt need to be big to be heard!

8. OneWolvesDream

my pleco may want to be big. one of them (2) is a nice size and the other is small and it seems to be growing fast! i think it just wants to be as big as my other placco. hopefully not i have a 24 gall. tank and they can get big in that!

9. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

If they're common plecos they're supposed to get 18 inches. If they're sail fin, they can get over 2 feet.

-Chelle

10. 3_second_memory

D'oh, i have a sailfin and a common plec.

Oh no, it will get soooo big it wil have to live in the bath. and poo down the plug hole! lol

11. OneWolvesDream

omgosh (.l.m.a.o.!!!!) weeee! lol, yeah thats huge!!! mine is a sailfin! noooo. but the ppl at the petshop said it got to 9 inches EVIL PEOPLE!!! thats why i bought it i wuz like hey, thats not to big, its better than others. evil! lol. any ways, i wonder if i made a pond in the back yard the valturs would eat it? what about the seagulls? hmmm. (i live in a pace crawling with birds)