1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

POLL FOR POO OWNERS

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by ilovemaltipoos, Sep 25, 2004.

?

When looking for a puppy ,what are the major qualities you look for ...

1. color

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. size

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. personality

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. type

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. all of the above

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. name a new option

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ilovemaltipoos

ilovemaltipoos New Member

I thought this could be interesting

2. juliestroup

juliestroup New Member

wow!

Personality really wins out huh! That is what always wins me over when getting a pet!

3. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

I DEFINITELY think personality is one of the most important factors!!! However, with that said, I voted "all of the above" because I think the other factors you listed are also very important to take into consideration when choosing a pup! I'd think one would be making a poor decision if they didn't consider all other factors beyond just personality!

One you didn't list, Malti, that I think is of significant importance, would be the buyers "allergy-tolerance" (b/c it is different for each person) to the breed/mix in which they are considering! NO dog (purebred or mix) is hypoallergenic, however, there are purebreds (and mixes) that are known to be good for allergy sufferers because they have hair (as opposed to fur) and very little dander! So, just to add my two cents, I believe the allergy factor is just as important, if not MORE important than personality!

:D

4. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

I also voted "all of the above". While some of those things were *more* important to me, they *all* played a factor in my decision :D

5. bellasmommy

bellasmommy New Member

i voted personality.. only because i had to choose between bella and her brother and chose her.. because i loved her personality.. but all of the above would also work for me :)
    another option not listed is gender.. i'm partial to females.. simply from experience i've had owning both male and female..

6. gwen13

gwen13 New Member

hm, I don't see why this is a poll just for poo owners.. [-( These things are obvious factors to be considered when looking for any breed of dog.

7. ilovemaltipoos

This is the poo board ,you are more than welcome to vote in it though ..

8. gwen13

gwen13 New Member

It says "Toy dogs specific" board, there just happens to be a lot of poo mixes, doesn't mean it has to be poo exclusive :roll: Just an observation, because I considered all of these things when picking out a chihuhaua and a maltese, I don't own any poo's.

9. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

Here's what the "Toy Dogs Specific" board description says:

However, gwen, you're right, it's not JUST for poo owners! I think it's the above description that causes us, and others, to focus more upon the poo crosses (and I think that's what Malti was trying to point out). That's NOT to say that you're not welcome, anyone is welcome, your chi is definitely a "toy dog." And as you said, the poll Malti made is applicable to ANY animal buyer, as it applies to every type of dog (big or small) one is considering.

Just thought I'd clarify...no need for tension between poo and non-poo owners, we're all one big happy family here at Auspet! :D

10. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

I selelcted Type because one must first detemine what breed (type) they want first. Then the size, color,temperment, and all that fall into place. But as long as you get the tpye you want, with me just about any of the other quality's don't really matter, that just me. I can love any color, get anolg with any temperment. It like when you get your human babies home, you don't say, oh he's too shy,LOL Lets get a different one. Gots to love em all. Gwen, your right and this poll is for you too.

Edited to say: I don't have alot of time on the computer today, I'm going to my neices 1st. birthday party. You all have a good day.

11. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

I didn't realize this was the poo board either....

I voted for ALL also... cuz when I first got Bailey, his cute little personality hadn't even started yet! :) You are absolutley right, mybaby... the allergen factor was my number one factor at first.

12. Jas

Jas New Member

Hi Gwen,
    You are right this is not a poo board it is board for all small or toy dogs. The name/description was just carried over from our old toy dog forum. You are more than welcome to post here! :) I've been meaning to talk to the Admin about adding that in!
    Cheers,
    :y_the_best:
    Jas

13. ilovemaltipoos

Anyone can post here ,I was just doing a poll on poo owners because i would like to know what their first and foremost search was for ...Has nothing to do with whehter this board is for any type dog ...this poll was for poo owners cause i wanted info
    No harm or no hurt was aimed at any toy dog owner ...
    Anyone can participate ,I am jusyt looking for certain info /imput.
    Baby shih is right ...no need to geet all workked up over a poll that is intended for anyone that wants to post ..

I will ask the auspetian if polls are allowed on this board about poos and if not then SHE can remove it .

14. ilovemaltipoos

LOL ! MOnstER ! need a memory pill there ?:eek: :eek: :eek: LOL !

15. gwen13

gwen13 New Member

Wow there ilovemaltipoos, I never said the poll shouldn't be allowed, I was just noting that I considered those for buying any toy breed, since the poll didn't have or ask anything specific to just poos, correct? No need to take anything personally, I like everyone here :oops: No hard feelings! Hope no one took it that way.

16. ilovemaltipoos

LOrd no girl ,i have no hard feelings toward you at all and like i said ,you wanna ad imput ...go for it ...
    I am just a poo breeder and owner and lover and I just wanted some imput from other owners and lovers ...Heck if I could I would own at least one of every type dog ...Ilove em all ! Yours is a ciutie ...Join in ,just a poll ,no big deal ... :)

17. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

:) I guess we all need a little memory pill now and again.... heck, I couldn't remember something from a week ago yesterday! :)

18. ilovemaltipoos

Monster and My baby ....I do believe that allergies is an important reason ,I didn;t list it mainly because that is why I have (list other reaons ) on there ...I wanted to know what was the most important if not on my original poll ...
    But then Maltese ,Poodles and other Purebreeds are just as good for people with allergies ...and you know I firmly believe that there is no such thing as a totally hypoallergenic dog .That is an individual person 's allergies that affect whether they are allergic to any type dog ...
    but you guys are right ...Poos seem to have a pretty good record with allergy prone people .

19. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

and I thank God for that!!! Cuzzzzzzzzzzz I just love these poo-babies!!! :)

20. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Lord oh Lordy, I love pugs, but after yesterday with my brothers pug I was soooooooooo appreciating my girly sasha and rufus too. I thought rufus shed alot, but god. I was covered in tons of little fawn colored hairs. I sooooooooooooooo love poodles. Rufus's shedding was a walk in the park compared to my brothers pug Bumbum.Aka-Jack.