1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

??Poop sticking to Shipoo's hair!!

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by shipoo mama, Jul 17, 2004.

1. shipoo mama

shipoo mama New Member

Hi!! I am new here. I have a 4 month old shi poo named PABLO and he is adorable but he does have a problem with his poop sticking to his fur on his bum.
    It is sooooooooooo grosse. I end up scrubing his but a couple of times a day and he really doesn't like it. I then brush it all out but it takes me quite a while to do this.
    Any advice on what you do to keep your dogs but fur clean.
    Thanks Jill

2. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

Hi there~

It really is gross isn't it...I know all too well!!!

Such a problem is very common in breeds whom have long hair. The only real solution is to trim or shave that particular area so the hair will not "interfere." :wink:

Someone actually posted a topic here about this very issue, so I will post the link in case you are interested in reading:

http://www.auspet.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... ight=shave

Hopefully that helps! :D

3. shipoo mama

shipoo mama New Member

Thanks!! I just read that those previous posts and it was quite helpful. I guess it's time for a trip to the groomer. I wasn't sure if 4 months was to young to get groomed. But, his hair is getting quite long.
    I will have to get but shaved!!
    Jill

4. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Yep, the sanitary trim will work wonders and of course a premium dry kibble. So everything comes out firm and in mostly one piece.

5. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

Hello and welcome!!

Yup, definitely need to keep them trimmed! :) we've all gone through that, that's for sure. :)

I also wanted to note: Before going to the groomers, make sure your baby has had all his shots. It's also a good idea to have the bordatella (?) vaccination whenever taking your dog to a groomer. Many groomers require it.....

6. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Hey just saw this topic, this is a huge problem with one of my poms. I cut her hair myself to save a trip to a groomer. That is on her rear. If your pup isnt fully vaccinated and you feel comfortable you could trim it.

7. dbuzzw

dbuzzw New Member

another option

I have the same problem with Graysie occasionally (even though she's shaved there). This may sound a little gross, but here's what I do when it happens.... you know that squirter thing attached to the kitchen sink? Well, I put her back legs in the sink and squirt her heiney -- not directly IN the area, more of a downward squirt that just washes the poop down the hair and off. That's probably unsanitary, but I bathe them in the sink sometimes too, so what's the difference. I also use the bleach cleaner to clean it afterwards.

This is much easier than trying to use baby wipes to get it off.

8. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

Yep... we've had this happen with our Emma! Haven't noticed it with Molly yet, but Emma's hair is thicker and her poop would sometimes stick to her bottom as well. We keep that area trim and it really helps :D