1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Poor Freebie!

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by susan_cude@hotmail.com, May 1, 2004.

1. Hi all!
    I had to take Freebie to the vet yesterday, he had a bur in his eye and an infection in his ear :( I was gone on a business trip for three days ( A trip from ****) but that's another story......Anyway, when I returned home I noticed his eye was all red and he would cry if you tried to look at it. I asked my Husband if he had noticed that there was something wrong with his eye, we looked at it but found nothing. I was so mad :x because he didn't notice that something was wrong! He's going to be o.k. :D I just have to put meds in his ears and eye for a week and see the vet again next Wed. $160.00 later! man it's expensive to see a vet for anything!!!!

Susan

2. lil96

lil96 New Member

ooh poor Freebie!!

What makes it seem even worse is that he cries when you look at it. Do you have any idea what caused it? I had a cat with an upper respitory infection, and I had to put the stuff in her eyes all the time(she wasn't actually my cat someone dumped her on me) but it never went away but after a while she really enjoyed it when I held her to put it in. But it is so sad to see them cry! Hope Freebie gets better soon!

3. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Poor Freebie! Hope the medicine helps him feel better! Sorry to hear about your trip too!

4. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

Hope Freebie's feeling better soon. I'm sure he will be with you taking care of him.

5. honeybears

honeybears New Member

poor freebie. was the ear infection connected with the eye? I know what you mean when you said your husband didnt notice anything. I took Jake to the vet on Wed, husband forgot I was going, he came home from work and was home for an hour when I got home and he didnt even know Jake was not there :| :x

The first thing I do whenever I get home is make sure Jake and Wylie are around.

honeybear

6. nern

nern New Member

Awe, I hope Freebies feels better soon.

7. Rene

Rene New Member

Poor baby i hope he gets better soon and i know the feeling about vet bills geez i had to stop adding it up it killed me when i did

8. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

OHHHH, one of those round priclky things. My god how could he not notice. MEN, He did not have any eye abrasions did he? Hope he feels better.

9. Hello again, and thanks for the well wishes :D unfortunantly the bur did scratch his cornia (sp) but not too bad. He'll be o.k.! the ear infection and the eye are not related, I think he may have gotten the ear infection from my not drying his ears good enouph after bathing him :cry: poor boy! Will be doing a better job of that from now on.....

Thanks again for your concern!

Susan

10. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Poor Freebie! I'm glad he's okay.

Your husband sounds perfectly "normal", Susan. Mine doesn't notice anything, either, whether it's me, the kids, or the animals. I can walk into the room and take one look at a kid and say, "You're getting sick, aren't you?" My mother was even better at it. She could tell my sister 1-2 days before she came down with a cold.

I think sometimes my husband does notice, but figures whatever it is will be fine and go away by itself. Must be a man thing. No offense intended to men. :)

Jamiya