1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Potty accidents on the increase.

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by pekepoo4u, Sep 2, 2005.

1. pekepoo4u

pekepoo4u New Member

Well, along with gas prices, we are experiencing an increase in potty accidents. Our Sescie is now 5 months old and we seem to be loosing ground with the potty thing. We had her spay a few weeks ago and prior to that were only experiencing a few accidents a week in the house. Now it seems that it occurs at least once a day or so. She is crate trained for the most part but while out and about in the house the accidents seem to be increasing. she is taken out several times a day and sometimes the accident occurs after coming back in from an unsuccessful potty break. Is it possible that the spay surgery (she recovered easily without any complications) is part of the cause of the accidents. I am grasping at straws here, as we are new at puppy parenting. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

EDIT.. I will also add that she seems a bit more defiant as well. ie..Not responding to commands that she did prior to surgery.

2. nern

nern New Member

I'm not sure if the spay would cause a lapse in potty habits but for the above dilemma I would crate her after each unsuccessful potty break for about 15 mins. or so and then try again and repeat if neccesary. She can have free time only after she has a successful potty break....this will prevent indoor accidents from occuring.