1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Price Check on Oscar

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by chuisoccer01, Feb 23, 2006.

1. chuisoccer01

chuisoccer01 New Member

I have a 7" or so Tiger Oscar, that is getting to big for the tank he is in. 30Gal. I know he needs a bigger tank. Everyone I know doesn't have atank big enough. If I take him to a pet store I don't want to be taken on a price. What is the best way to go about this?

2. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

i would see if you can sell if locally first then because most lfs will take fish for store credit or trade

3. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Honestly, I think it may be difficult just finding someone with a big enough tank to take him for free.

I had to get rid of a 10" oscar (absolutely beautiful coloring) a couple years ago. It took me 2 months before I found someone to take him. None of the LFS's wanted him or had tanks big enough for him, none of my friends keep fish, none of the zoos or aquariums in a 3 hour radius wanted him, and I turned down 2 people who wanted him for 20 gallon tanks ( :roll: ).

I finally ended up giving him away to someone with a 150 gallon.

-Chelle

4. chuisoccer01

chuisoccer01 New Member

Yeah I'm running into the same thing. I'll post some pics of him in a bit. How much would be a good price if I were to sell him?

5. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

I'd say maybe $20. Around here, you can get a baby oscar for $10, but there's a higher demand for baby oscars.

-Chelle

6. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

yea very true tchelle if you really want money for it maybe take a chance on aquabid