1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

protection?? normal or odd?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by big-pig-666, Jun 16, 2005.

1. big-pig-666

big-pig-666 New Member

i baught 2 little red devils today and my other fish are picking on them but as soon as a fish starts to chase it r bully it my big male convict comes and saves the day!!!! is this normal or has any one seen this?

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

My africans do that sometimes. 2 will fight and a 3rd will break it up. But it's not always the same fish that breaks it up. The same fish can be breaking up a fight one day and fighting the next.

-Chelle

3. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

i agree, i used to have that in my tank when i had cichlids......i would get a new fish and the whole tank would practically harass it, but the biggest cichlid which was well over 3" bigger then the rest would always look out for the little guy and protect him. it was quite interesting to watch.

4. M_wm

M_wm New Member

My friend had a african tank with i think about 20 mbunas in it and he had a few small albinos and one african would always guard them it was pretty cool to see considering the fish werent even his own babies.