1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

puppy constipated!!

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by shipoo mama, Jul 20, 2004.

1. shipoo mama

shipoo mama New Member

We've been gradually changing our puppy's food from a secific dog food from one pet store that is hard to get (can't remember the name) to Purina puppy chow. He eats it fine and really enjoys it. We started giving it to me straight yesterday rather than mixing it with his food like we have been doing for the past 5 days gradually. Now he's finding it hard to poop. When he does poop, it is very constipated.
    Any suggestions??
    I don't want to go and pay high prices at the vet for this!
    Should I just put him back on the other food??
    TIA
    JILL and my little shipoo PABLO :y_the_best:

2. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Try giving him some plain pumpkin puree. The unseasoned kind. Maybe a tablespoon at breakfast and dinner. Its supposed to help with constipation and the runs. Did he have wet bowels before, if so he may just need to get his little bum used to pooing the way he's supposed to. Which is harder bowle movements.

3. bellack1

bellack1 New Member

For my kitten I used Mineral oil and it worked great within like 12 hours. I'm sure this would help. You can use your own discretion on how much to give.