1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Puppy food for small dogs

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by Valentina, Mar 5, 2005.

1. Valentina

Valentina New Member

Right now my pup is on Eukanuba, but I hear it is not quality food. Any suggestions for good puppy food?

2. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

There are a lot of good foods out there, I feed most of mine on Pedigree and have done for over 30 years with no problems on it. I have to be honest though if I could afford it I would go with APD (Advanced Pet Diets), its a bit pricey and as I go through about 3 large bags of dog food a month....too expensive. It really is a great qualtiy food though, they make a puppy food and the transition to the adult food is not a problem, the best adult food (in my opinion) is the APD Lamb and Rice with coat conditioners, worked wonders on a cocker mix I had a few years back, his coat went from that very fine, easliy matted hair down the legs and tail to gleaming and soft within a week.

3. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

I hear plenty of people say their dogs do well on it, but there is always something better. I have mine on Natural Balance right now. There kibble is for pups thru to adult stage. No different kibble for pups, all the same. I know there are a few other brands that are like that too. My dogs are 6 1/2 months, 5, and one somewheres around I thought 8 but maybe 11. They all get the same food. Innova was good but caused tear staining on my poodle. Chicken soup was too rich for puppy, gave her gas and soft stools. I think I had tried eukanuba when I first got dogs, switched a few times, till Innova. My dog had itchy skin, and my poodle had a gurgling tummy till innova. Those issues were solved, then the tear staining. We are all good on N.B. Its a trial and error type of thing till you find what works for you. Here is a good site to check ingrediants of your dog food.
    www.naturapet.com

4. Valentina

Valentina New Member

I have been considering Natural Balance, but I was getting confused because I couldn't find a puppy version. Do you know how it can be that puppies don't need a different formula on NB? Innova was another one I have been considering, but I've heard some dogs have soft stool. We've already had that problem when we first got her, so I don't want to go through that again.

Thanks for your input.

5. puttin510

puttin510 New Member