1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Puppy Kennel Training

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by JenSaund, Sep 24, 2004.

1. JenSaund

JenSaund New Member

I have a 13 week old Miniature Pinscher puppy. We have had her for 4 weeks. We started kennel training her immediately and for the first week and a half, she did great. After a couple of nights of crying, she was sleeping through the night with no problems. Then, we went out of town and left her w/ my brother and his wife, under strict instructions to make sure they kenneled her at night and when they left her alone. However, they did not kennel her any of the 5 nights that we were gone. They let her sleep in the bed with them. Now, for the past 2 1/2 weeks, we've been having the hardest time getting her to sleep in her kennel. We put her in it when we go to bed and she goes to sleep without any problems... but at about 2-3 AM she wakes up and cries nonstop. We thought at first maybe she needed to go outside so we got up and took her outside and she didn't go to the bathroom.. she just laid in the grass. When we brought her back inside and kenneled her, she started crying again... and cried for 3 hours striaght. She does this every night now. What can we do to make this better so we can start sleeping through the night???

2. ilovemaltipoos

ilovemaltipoos New Member

I ,for one am not a fan of Kenneling a dog unless it is sick and you have to ...however there are those that will oppose what I am about to say ...
    leave her kennel door open ,put blankets /bed ,water /food all she needs in that ara and ouside her kennel ,also put a bed insoide her kennel ,let he go in and stay when she wants to ...it eases the strain ...
    Mine would sleep with me too ! LOL