1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Puppy's nails after groomer??

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by Jedi, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Jedi

Jedi New Member

Hi

We have taken our puppy to the groomer twice now. She uses a grinder to grind them down. I thought that was great when i heard it but when he comes home his nails seem SUPER sharp! After he has had them cut at the vet's office they were nice and dull, they used a clipper. Is this normal when using a grinder? Would it be wrong of me to ask her to use a clippers instead of the grinder? I feel like he scratches us so much more after he goes to the groomer just from him jumping up on us. Can i file them down to help dull them or what can I do to help them get dull? they are too short to cut now. Thanks.

2. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

Ive often gone for filing as opposed to trimming as long as the dog will tolerate it. Usually with a dremel though they shouldnt be sharp.

3. gypsy

gypsy New Member

i use a grinder on our poms, since they hate clippers. Easier to miss the quick with a grinder as well. If the nails are coming out sharp, i would talk to the groomer.........they should be rounded, or at least i round mine off, makes life easier. Or you could use an acrylic file and do it yourself,altho that kinda defeats the purpose of the groomer :lol: