1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

purple tank effect?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by bill_lumbergh, Sep 7, 2004.

1. bill_lumbergh

bill_lumbergh New Member

So I just got my 65 gallon tank a while ago and it's doing quite well. The only thing is, with the upgrade in size I got a twin tube flourescent hood, nad the flourescent lighting is making the tank fairly purple.

Is this only due to the type of BULB in there? Cause if not, flourecent lighting is gross.

Help me out BROTHAHS

2. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

yea, its due to the light....there are tons of different bulbs out there to choose from, my personal favorite being 100% actinic along with neon gravel....i just finished making one of my tanks that....it is sweet.

3. Ryan

Ryan New Member

Yeah I have a really bad light in mine, Its yellowish and I want a chrisper looking light. Whats a good bulb if I want the best whitest color?

4. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

i have had good expierience with colormax's bulbs. they have a range of colors/effects

5. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

I had a problem with all my lights looking yellow so I took some foil, colored it blue with a sharpie marker, and taped it behind the bulb. Or if the light already had a reflector, I colored that blue. It works pretty well. It's just enough to cancel out the yellow w/o making the tank look really blue.

-Chelle

6. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

My light looks kinda blue so yeah it is the light bulb. If this bothers you just get a new one that is made to make it a normal color like white.

7. Ryan

Ryan New Member

I got blue gel and put it around the light bulb. It looks great, ill try and post a pic if I can get my hands on a digital cam.