1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

question about 15 yr. old Boo and litterbox avoidance

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Nano, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Nano

Nano New Member

Boo is 15 yrs. old and blind. I know you are not supposed to change the surroundings when you have a blind cat. But we had to move things a little to accomodate another cat(Prissy) who was recovering from being attacked by an animal outside(probably a possum).We had to separate the cats while Prissy healed, which meant moving some of the litterboxes.Prissy was in a separate area for awhile with her box. I moved the other 3 boxes into one area (where there was one there already to begin with). Boo has always gone downstairs to use the litterbox and up until the last year, has been really good about it. But now she poops outside of the litterbox, not right in front of the litterbox, but in a different part of the basement. I started putting a box in the area where she was going, but same thing. And I keep the boxes clean,too. She had been to the vet and had bloodwork done.She was put on bloodpressure meds at the time, but everything else checked out fine. I have taken her around to the litterboxes so she knew where they all were when they were moved. She doesn't act sick or in pain. She doesn't wet outside the box, just poops.Help, I am really confused! :( :roll:

2. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi. I think this is a pretty tough question. Perhaps why you have not yet gotten a reply? reply? Here is a link. Maybe there will be an answer for you there. Just scroll down until you get to Litter-box Avoidance. Let us know how things are going and if you have a solution.

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Poin ... avior.html

3. brads

brads New Member

We had/have a problem with one of out cats doing that. The Vet. said it was his way of showing us he wasn't happy about something. Nothing new there, he was born with a bad attitude. lol So maybe Boo is trying to show you she's not pleased with Prissy being there. Can't blame her there I guess. Hope this helps.

4. vene

vene New Member

Sounds like Boo doesn't like the new changes. Milo has similar behavior problems. He will leave us presents whenever he's unhappy about something like Rene or the toddlers getting too much attention. Perhaps you can try buying Dr. Elsey's cat attract cat litter and see if that makes a difference.

5. Nano

Nano New Member

I bought another litterbox, this makes #5, and I will try some of that cat attract litter, hope it does the trick! I'll keep my fingers crossed!! [-o< [-o<