1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Question about dogs feeding their youngs

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by DogLover, May 24, 2005.

1. DogLover

DogLover New Member

Hi,

I went to this breeder's house today to check out the puppies which I consider to buy. The puppies and other adult dogs look very healthy and in great shape, except for the mother of the litter. I was told that the mother was exhausted from the feeding and that the puppies scratched her fur off. I have no doubt on the first, but I was wondering if puppies really scratch their mother when nursing. Is it true?

It seemed to me that she takes good care of all her dogs, but I would feel more comfortable to know that what she said is true.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

2. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

Yes they can scratch and usually do at least to some extent, they can also leave small punctures from their teeth.