1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Question about parvo risks

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by Weeble, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Weeble

Weeble New Member

My neighbor has a new 10-week-old puppy. Her vet says it's okay for her puppy to play with my dog, because my dog has had his full series of Parvo vaccinations. My vet told me when my own dog was a pup to keep him away from ALL other dogs, because a healthy dog can still be a parvo carrier. (At the time, I wondered what people do when they introduce a new puppy into a home already habitated by other dog(s)--keep them apart until the puppy is four months old and fully vaccinated?!?) So now I'm confused. Any insights would be appreciated.

2. nern

nern New Member

I guess it depends on which vet you talk to. Personally, I think the risk is low as long as the adult dog is healthy.

3. myshihpoo

myshihpoo New Member

I have to agree with Nern..... cuz my friend just got a shihtzu puppy and asked her vet about introducing him to other dogs, and he said as long as they are fully vaccinated it was fine.... cuz after all, there are plenty of households where a new puppy comes in with other dogs in the house, right?

Then again... I guess in my opinion, you can always err to the side of caution and not take the chance if you don't have to, right? :)