1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

question most ppl ask

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by lil shant, Aug 1, 2005.

1. lil shant

lil shant New Member

since like everyone asks what kind of algea eater to get what kind is goos because pelecos grow big and when they r big they dont eat algea the chineese algea eaters dont eat algea and thet eat the slime off of fish so which kind of algea eater is the best

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

What type fish will it be going with? If it's a peaceful community tank, then otos are really great.

-Chelle

3. lil shant

lil shant New Member

it will be in a comunity tank
    adn can u post a pic of a oto

4. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

[​IMG]

-Chelle

5. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

i like the clown pleco
    [​IMG]

6. Trickster

Trickster New Member

Theres lots of diffrent species of plecos that dont grow massive, Zebra plecos are nice, but they also like to eat flakes off the bottom, not just algae. Wut size is the tank? in a 10g i would put 3 otos since they dont grow big. in 20 u could put like 5. they grow about 1.5"

Theres rhino plecos, royal plecos, clown plecos, orange spotted plecos, but i wouldnt realy put any in a 10g, so if u got 10g go with otos.

7. Trickster

Trickster New Member

Theres lots of diffrent species of plecos that dont grow massive, Zebra plecos are nice, but they also like to eat flakes off the bottom, not just algae. Wut size is the tank? in a 10g i would put 3 otos since they dont grow big. in 20 u could put like 5. they grow about 1.5", since they so small they dont eat alot so u gonna want to put a couple. But wait till theres algea in the tank before u add them (bout 4 weeks)

Theres rhino plecos, royal plecos, clown plecos, orange spotted plecos, but i wouldnt realy put any in a 10g, so if u got 10g go with otos.

8. sakura.seppun

sakura.seppun New Member

I really like my cories, but you have to keep them in groups.

9. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

rhino plecos get big just to let you know

10. pookiepets

pookiepets New Member

hmmmm what should i do for a 75 gallon tank its a peaceful community tank! :D any ideas... i think plecos cause i have not seen oto's at my local LFS