1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

questIon on a tetra black skirt

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by soldier4jesus2099, Aug 17, 2005.

1. soldier4jesus2099

soldier4jesus2099 New Member

i had two tetra black skirts in my tank nd i got a nother lik 2 weeks ago nd when i looked at it the one that i got it was all fat could it be prenant. oh and how do i sex black skirts?????

2. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

Tetra's are egg scarrters not livebearers so chances of her being pregnant are pretty much non-existent although she may lay eggs around your tank..

Female Black Skirt Tetra's are plumper and near the second black stripe the have an anal fin running paralell. Males are skinnier and smaller.

3. soldier4jesus2099

buts its lik really really fat so u think its not pregnant???? ill try to take a pik of it nd post it uP

4. sakura.seppun

sakura.seppun New Member

your new one may have just been the dominate one in the tank and got some good food., thus "fat". If you really are concerned then, yes, a picture would be best.

5. soldier4jesus2099

6. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

Sorry, it just looks like it's getting all the food.