1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

question

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by ryokitokiri, Jun 24, 2004.

1. ryokitokiri

ryokitokiri New Member

I have a 1 1/2 year old boxer and she is very hyper, I am thinking on getting a yorkie puppy for her to have some company this summer. My boxer has a pen, and if I do get this new puppy should I have th cages next to each other? And yorkies are very samll when they are young and I would be afraid she might think its a toy what should I do? I can't get another large dog beause my house is small, it has to be a yorkie or some other small breed dog. Help please!

2. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Alot of people have different sized dogs. Just crate the pup when your not with it. With tiny dogs its best to watch over whats going on when they are around other dogs, until you know what they will act like. Constant monitoring should be done. Until you know deep down that these two could never hurt one another.

3. GinaH

GinaH New Member

I think if you introduce the new puppy slowly and make sure their play is supervised it should work out great! Just make sure furbaby #1 gets plenty of attention to. :D

4. lil96

lil96 New Member

I don'T think the first one would purposefully hurt the other but maybe by accident. So you need watch over them.

5. ryokitokiri

ryokitokiri New Member

thanks, the last time she was with a small dog she kept on slowly walking toward her and then stood still, and then she would move realy fast, and I am positive she was just playing so thats a good sign.

6. kindness_001

kindness_001 New Member

I have a female boxer that i bottle raised. really only reason i have a big dog now. as i cant take care of them like id want too. but, she dont hurt the two Yorkies if she is out of the kennel(outside) I have to watch her really well though just onbe wink and she could accidently hurt or kill one if her big body fell or she stepped on them. It would break my heart. now at one time i had a mini schnauzer and a yorkie and they had played to gether for days they was 8 weeks old. There was a bone like you get at petsmart on the floor by hubbys chair, the yorkie was on one end and the mini on the other she grabbed the yorkie so fast and shook him and dropped him my hubby couldnt even get his feet down fast enough to get to her. She killed him . Her new home is in the kennel away from the Yorkies and smaller dogs.