1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Questions about a piranah

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Crackin, Jun 7, 2005.

1. Crackin

Crackin New Member

Ive got a piranah and when i got it was probably just about 1 inch long, ive had it for nearly a year, how long do they grow if they started off that size?? and what do they like that sets them off make them go mad and turn there belly redder?....at the moment i only feed it blood worms

2. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

well, i think they can grow an inch a month up until they hit around 6", then i think they may slow down a little bit. to bring out good colors feed a variety of foods. when i had P's i would feed them beefheart sometimes and they would go crazy for it. that helped bring out the colors. factors for color is stress, food, and water quality.

3. hooterhead

hooterhead New Member

definitely mix up their diet. it's like if your mom fed you spagetti for every single meal of every day. fish like variety just as much as we do.

4. Crackin

Crackin New Member

what else can ya feed them apart from blood worms?

5. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

you can try market shrimp, fresh market fish (not feeder fish, these can introduce diseases), and check with your LFS about different flake or pellet foods.

6. hooterhead

hooterhead New Member

i bet they'd like frozen silversides.

7. Trickster

Trickster New Member

Beef heart and some special pellets and flakes would be good, market shrimp or freeze dried special ones u can buy, they last longer.