1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Questions about feeding ...

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Mice, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Mice

Mice New Member

What could i feed young silver dollars about 1 inch or 1.5. Is Tetramin tropical flake food good enough for them or do they need something littler. I have pellets but i heard u dont feed them that until they get a little bit bigger bc of the size of pellets. Any otehr suggestions on food. Please tell me

2. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

If you keep a stalk of fresh Romaine lettuce in the tank you will find that they will grow quite rapidly. Even though they are basically veggitarian they will also eat live or frozen brine shrimp and flake food.

3. Mice

Mice New Member

yeah i have been feeding them parboiled romaine lettuce little piecies for now but does it hae to be parboiled or can i ust wash them well and give it to them?

4. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

you can freeze the lettue too

5. mjknigh

mjknigh New Member

i don't have silver dollars but i have guppy and platy fry. i take tropical fish food and grind it up into a fine powder and give them a tiny pinch every day.