1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Questions about seperation anxiety.

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by cosmicpixie, Feb 10, 2005.

1. cosmicpixie

cosmicpixie New Member

I was wondering what some signs of seperation anxiety may be? Maya has taken to chewing and destroying my things only. She's gone as far to get into the hamper and get out my dirty clothes. She doesn't chew up any of my boyfriend's things. And when he comes home after dropping me off at work she puts her head down, slinks aways, and sleep the whole day until I come home. My boyfriend has never mistreated Maya so its not because of fear. I'm familiar with puppy adolescence (Maya's going to be 2 next month) But I'm going out of my mind trying to keep her from chewing up all my stuff (I've had to buy more underware in past month than I have in the past year!). We give her different kinds of chews (Nylabone, compressed rawhide, KONG) We swap things out so she doesn't get bored. Any tips? Is it anxiety? Is she just crazy? Any help is appreciated!

2. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

I think it could be. There was a few times I came home to my dog and he was wearing my underwear. One leg thru and over his head. He did this about three times. He still gets pretty sensitive when I have to take the others to the vet and he's alone. Your should be better when with Bf at least.

3. Shineillusion

Shineillusion New Member

It sounds like it could be seperation anxiety. Try getting a towel (pick some used ones up at a thrift store) and rubbing it on your skin, give it a spritz of your perfume or hair spray, and giving her that as her very own. She may tear it up, but she may also decide to use it as her security blanket while you're gone. Either way, it might save your other things from being destroyed.

4. cosmicpixie

cosmicpixie New Member

Thanks for the advice. We thought she would be okay when my boyfriend was home too. But today it got so bad, she would just lay around under the end table and sleep. She refused to come out for my boyfriend (I was at work) He put the leash on her and made her walk around with him... She has a t-shirt of mine. Is it better to give her a towel instead of an article of clothing? I feel so helpless. I just don't know how to help her through.