1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Question for You all

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by GodsChld, May 13, 2005.

1. GodsChld

GodsChld New Member

Ok so am thinking that i am going to get 3 silver dollars to add to my tank, since it seems that everyone thinks they are fast and can avoid walt (oscar)

so that would give me

1 tiger oscar
    2 balas
    3 silver dollars

in a 125......is this ok as far as stocking goes!?

Thanks all

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Assuming your oscar doesn't try to eat them, then yes, that would be fine.

-Chelle

3. OnixRevolution

OnixRevolution New Member

Yeah, your only problem is your Oscar getting big and deciding it wants to eat its tank mates. Is he still small or as big as the others?

4. GodsChld

GodsChld New Member

he is the big dogg in the tank....

he is about 9" long

so i buoght the silver dollars and they are fast as heck....and they stick together and watch out for each other.....i put up 6 plastic plants and then let them out into the water.....my oscar was confused about the plants i think and didnt even notice the fish for the first 10 or 15 min.....then found them and chased them for a while.....

proud to report that in the morning my silver dollars (named:quarter, dime, nad susan B Anthony commemerative coin) are alive! and it seems my oscar is over chasing them.....i think he realized its just not going to happen....they have too many places to hide and are too fast (knock on wood)

Thanks for the help all!

~BC