1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

rabbit poop

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by Jensmom, Apr 27, 2004.

1. Jensmom

Jensmom New Member

yuck...not only does my Jenny eat her own poop...she has graduated to other animals poop as well...I took her outside this morning and noticed her eating something, I'm pretty sure it was rabbit poop...so I told her no and started to clean it up...as I was cleaning, she found another pile of it and started to chow down on it...THEN....as I was picking up the second pile, she found yet another and started eating...I finally took her back inside and cleaned up what I could find...anyway, is this bad for her? I'm not sure how much she ate, but I think it was a good amount. She's 4 months old and hasn't gotten her rabies shot yet (not sure if it can be transmitted this way)...The rabbit's in our area are very abundant...I finally stopped freaking out about her trying to eat her own, now I have to worry about this..

2. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

I feel for ya' Jensmom...it's disgusting!!!

One of my shih-poos, Tigger, would ALWAYS try and eat his brother's poop. Although, it is has been getting much better recently, thank goodness!

To make matters worse, there are a lot of deer in our area, especially our backyard, and they always leave their "presents," which Mickey & Tigger find to be delicious! :0024: I try my best to clean up what I find, but my shih-poos always seem to find a little pile here and there, which is one of the reasons why I keep up with their teeth brushing routine! :y_the_best:

Eating it isn't exactly healthy for them, but there is only so much you can do to stop it. :0011: I talked to my next door neighbor (who happens to be a vet) about this, and he said that little amounts shouldn't harm them in most cases!

Dogs will be dogs! :mrgreen:

3. ilovemaltipoos

ilovemaltipoos New Member

It is not good for them .Any type poop .They can get sick ,worms ,coccidia ,even other type illinesses from poop eating .
    If I catch one of mine ,I brush the teeth ,give them antibiotics (lol ) and use mouthwash too ...yucky ,yucky stuff ...UGH

4. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

ooooooooooh goodness!
    Luckily, I haven't had to deal with that with Bailey... but, of course, now that i just typed that.... arrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhh.

5. EmmesMom

EmmesMom New Member

EWWWW

I talked to my vet about this very problem, he said to put ONE drop of hot sause on each pile you can find. It will stop them!!

6. ilovemaltipoos

ilovemaltipoos New Member

I tried that with the cat poop once and I think Sam thought ..."Mexican Food !!!! YUmmy !!!! " Still it helps to give it a try ,maybe yours won't think it is salad dressing the my Sam did ! LOL

7. precker

precker New Member

Our papillon/beagle use to eat those when she was still with us...yuck. :x
    So far our peke-a-poo and cocker/chow don't. However our cocker/chow use to roll in the deer poop. :x I'm glad she has outgrown this! :eek:

8. Trixiepoo

Trixiepoo New Member

trixie used to eat her poop we tried putting meat tenderizer in her food and vinegar on it none of it worked but finnally we just yelled no at her if she did it and now she doesn't do it as much. As for the bunny poop we had to put wire around my bunnys cage but the wild bunny poop there is really nothing u can do :cry:

9. precker

precker New Member

It's hard because we use to yell at Patches not to eat it, but she is so close to the ground and moves so fast that it didn't matter. If I had a choice I would rather have the poop eaten then the other where they roll in it! Bonnie use to do it with the deer poop... :cry: which meant we had to give her a bath each time... Not sure if these 2 eat the rabbit poop. Our one vet use to call them brain pills...LOL!