1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

rat has bump on his shoulder wat do i do.

Discussion in 'All other pets' started by nick_no_11, Aug 2, 2005.

1. nick_no_11

nick_no_11 New Member

my sister has a pet hairless rat and he has had a bump on his shoulder for a couple of weeks it looks like a bug bite or a pimple or something. It doesn't seem to bother him she was just wondering if it is harmful or if there is something she should do for it.

2. faeriedust1127

faeriedust1127 New Member

Its hard to tell without actually seeing it, but hairless do tend to get acne sometimes. It could be a clogged/infected pore....or an abcess that hasn't ruptured or a tumor, or a cyst. You won't really know unless u take him to the vet. It could also be a piece of bedding stuck into a pore that got infected. What kind of bedding do you use? Something soft and not wood shavings i hope. Aspen shavings are fine for furred rats, but hairless can get splinters. As i said tis hard to guess without knowing more or seeing him, but if you have an exotic vet to take him to, i would. If you need help finding one in your area, let me know and I can offer you some resources to check for one.