1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

RE: Cleaning my dogs ears?? PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by TamiTaylor, Jun 15, 2004.

1. TamiTaylor

TamiTaylor New Member

i noticed that many people viewed my post...but noone replied... :cry: i really need someones input...i was wanting to do something tonight before i went to bed...please help...i really need someones help [-o< ...i dont want her to suffer through the night....thanks again...

:love_y_t_much:

2. nern

nern New Member

3. TamiTaylor

TamiTaylor New Member

thanks...i saw that earlier when i was looking but i dont have boric acid powder or the gentain violet solution here wiht me...i just might have to wait until tomm to go out and get her something...i jsut hate to see her suffer like that tonight....poor baby...thanks again

4. 2pyrs

2pyrs New Member

nern
    alcohol ? I have problem with my ears for over 20 years now. I got a fungus from a dog I was taking care of and have been to doctors over and over, no cure. I did try alcohol and I want you to know it was a big mistake. Burning to the point I thought someone had ripped my ears off it also was so drying that It made the skin come off in the ear cannel and itch worse then before I did this stupid idea. If you read some of the ingredients on pet cleaners it well say no alcohol in it. Not a chemist but can Boric Acid Powder neutralize the alcohol some how ? Compare did you ever pour alcohol on a cut ? WOW
    Also was wondering if you dry up the wax in the ear could this be bad to since it would act like cement in the canal ?
    I think we might end up having our guy knocked out and let them flush out the ear till clean and then keep it treated for ever.
    2pyrs

5. 2pyrs

2pyrs New Member

6. Zekesmom

Zekesmom New Member

I had the same type of problem with my dog. he kept shaking his head over and over and over. I tried to clean them but at that point it was too late and he did have an infection. I had to get drops from the vet. I thought because his ears weren't big and floppy that I was immune from ear problems. Now I clean them quite regularly. I bought a "natural, herbal "cleaning solution. I don't pour it in like they say I just use a cotton ball and clean them out. Hopefully everything is going well!!

7. lil96

lil96 New Member

When I was a kid someone once told my mom to use Crisco and it will smother and kill whatever is in there and then it peels right out, but be very careful your dogs ears don't get hot, that will burn them. But check with other people before doing this, because I really don"T know how safe it is, some old redneck person told my mom, not a vet