1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Re-naming ?

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Ginger, May 24, 2004.

1. Ginger

Ginger New Member

My friend is getting her first ever cat next week, he is an ex breeding cat and the breeder no longer wants him.

The cat is called Ben, my friends son is also called Ben, she has been told its not fair to re-name the cat because hes a few years old now.
    I disagree I'm sure it would be fine to re-name him.

What do you think?

2. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

call the cat benson!

3. lil96

lil96 New Member

my best friend and my family are very close so I thought it was pretty interesting when he. Trice and my niece Bryce would get together but it was just confusing when my sister the mother of that niece got an older gog named Price!! and this was when Bryce was just learning to talk so sometimes she would get their names confused!
    But I had a cat someone named Sissy, sorry to offend anyone with the name sissy but I can'T stand that so I started to call her missy then to mugshot missy then one day it changed to mugshot mellißabeth because 2 of my nieces favorite name is mellißabeth (a commbo of mellissa and elizabeth) but I change the s or z to ß because I couldn'T decide s or ß and ß is the german sharfes ess.
    So my suggestion is start off with benny, benny boy, beenie boy, beenie baby, ben ben, rin tin?? i don't know and work from there if he should have a new name it will just pop out one day and he will respond!

4. PilotKitten

PilotKitten New Member

Changing names is fine. My grandparents got an ex-breeder persian (apparently his babies weren't pretty enough, so the breeder was going to put him to sleep until my grandparents offered for him, he was only 2-3 at the time).

His original name was "Versailles"....now who wants to be calling THAT name around the house??

On the vet records his name is now "Thundercloud" cause when he ran across the floor on the 2nd story of the house it sounded like Thunder.

But his real name is "Pussy". That's what everyone calls him too. It's short for "Pussycat" obviously...my grandparents aren't THAT weird!!

There's a funny story with his name too.

Once my grandpa went in to the hospital for a check-up and the dr said that they needed to do some outpatient surgery and they could do it right then or later. Well my grandma was really tired and wanted to go home (she can't drive) but my grandpa elected to do the surgery anyway since they were there and all. So afterwards, my grandpa is in the recovery room and they want him to get up and go to the bathroom so they know he's alright and can leave.

So, my grandma's standing in the doorway saying, "C'mon Ronnie, you got Pussy waiting for you at home! Let's go!"

Apparently a nurse overheard her and thought the worst and came in a few minutes later saying that they'd like to keep him in for "observation" overnight just to be on the safe side. :wink:

5. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

my foster was named Tony by the animal rescue that whisked him off the streets. He's been called Tony now for about a month and he responds well.

Of course he is a siamese :D and they are smart cats. What kind of cat is your friend getting?

6. nern

nern New Member

Changing his name shoud'nt be a problem. I'm sure he will pick up his new name without getting stressed out just fine.

7. Ginger

Ginger New Member

lol PilotKitten very funny!

Thanks for all the replies, I'll tell my friend and see what she decides to do.

I can't remember what type of cat he is, he apparently looks like a miniture lepard (or tiger) sorry I have a bad memory!! I will find out next week because I'll be helping her get the cat settled and I wanted to put a post on here to ask about his breed and what the characteristics are so I'll find out.

8. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

i agree...that was a funny story about your grandparents pilotkitten. maybe he's a bengal...like little maxie!
    by the way...my kitty that passed away 2 months ago...his name was otis, but i never called him that. i called him "bubby". sometimes i think they like it when we change their names to something more endearing.

9. PilotKitten

PilotKitten New Member

HA ha yeah...my grandparents are a riot. And that cat is hilarious as well.

Good luck with the renaming, I'm sure the kittie won't mind! :y_the_best:

10. rachek

rachek New Member

When I was 5 (i'm now 23) I got a kitten. It's first name was Samantha. I don't remember all of it's other names that I gave it, in the first year of having it. My mom says that I named the cat something different about every week. I finally settled on prissy. I guess with so many names she never knew which one to come to. Because up until she died 4 years ago, she wouldn't come to anything but "here kitty kitty".
    It may be different for an older cat.