1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

READY TO KILL COCKATIEL

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by jesl, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jesl

jesl New Member

A friend of mine received a cockatil that was treat VERY poorly by her first owner. We have concluded that this is the cause for her erratic disfunctional behavior. Long story short I am trying to figure out what to do with Pedro. Her environment that she lives in is just no good how do we get rid of her. It has gotten so bad that we have discussed killing her. Which neither of us want to do.(I really don't Pedro's owner could ever really kil her) This bird owner relationship is just not working please suggest anything we are all ears

2. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

How about turning her over to a rescue. If you don't have the time to work on correcting her behavior then maybe you should turn her over to someone who can.

3. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Firstly if this is not a joke then threatening to kill a defencless animal then this is wrong and imoral..
    This is the reason everyone on these boards say before getting any pet make sure it fits in with your lifestyle.

Secondly cockatiels do not have disfunctional behaviour they are very bright and eager to please and learn.

Thirdly why does Pedro no longer fit into this enviroment, What sort of behaviour we talking about all behaviour problems can be corrected with time and patience.

If you no longer wish to keep the bird contact your local bird or animal shelter and ask them for help they will usually come and pick the bird up from you.

If she was treat poorly by her previous owner then the animal control officer should have been called and he would have gone checked everything over and removed the bird.

Since your friend has taken the bird then he/she will have to try and sort this out by contacting breeders, vets offices, animal control places like that see if they have any advice.

Mike

4. drab911

drab911 New Member

do ANYTHING but even talk about killling it!! phsyco

5. soldier4jesus209

soldier4jesus209 New Member

lez say if lez zay u had a brother n u didnt have tym for him no more u would kill him dont even think about killin a cockatiel
    ok do anything except dat!!!!!!

6. plumb03

plumb03 New Member

hey maybe do some research on the computer and look for a bird trainer at a reasonable cost and if nothing changes talk to some rescue groups for help or suggestion and one more thing whatever you do don't kill it. trust me i know how you fell i have two budgies and two finches and in the morning i just want to take thier cage and throw it out the window but i don't i just leave the room to cool off instead [-X

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.