1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

really?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by OneWolvesDream, Apr 26, 2004.

1. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

do i really need to do anything for my live plants? in my 24 gallon fishtank i have 2 plants curranly in there

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

I'm not really a good one to be giving aquatic plant advice since I haven't had much luck in the past, but I can tell you most aquatic plants need more light than normal aquarium lights provide (probably why I can't seem to keep any alive).

-Chelle

3. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

ok, that *!
    1. the water temp will go up
    2. i cant sleep with light in my room

ok, well i guess i have no chice ill just try get the temp down in my room

thanks!

Careful of the language, unless you were talking about a plecostamus. Thanks, kc5gvn

4. tina1

tina1 New Member

2 watts per gallon is a good place to start in the lighting category. It is considered low light but that actually makes your work easier. You will need a sufficient amount of gravel/sand to fully bury the roots in. Also, some form of algae eater to keep the leaves algae free and eventually when your plants are established you can add an aquarium plant fertilizer to increase their growth. However, please be sure it says "safe for all fish" on the bottle before using it.

5. J_acon

J_acon New Member

You can turn the lights off when you go to bed, don't turn in on 24/7 try to keep it like a normal cycle, 12 hours of light and 12 hours no light.