1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Reasons for diarrhea ?

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by darkrabbit213, Jul 10, 2006.

1. darkrabbit213

darkrabbit213 New Member

I've been feeding Winks a different kind of wet food, we switched from Friskies kitten to Whiskas, and he's been having diarrhea and producing more stools lately. I know that Whiskas probably isn't the best wet food, but there's not a lot of choices where I live, and he was having an allergic reaction to the Max Cat i was feeding him. I didn't know if it was the food or if there was something else that could have caused it...

2. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

did you switch over gradually/
    sometimes they will get runny stools if you just switch. I usually try offering a little of the new with the old slowly eliminating the old food and adding more of the new
    and yes - you can buy better than Whiskas. Even Fancy Feast (most of the time easily found) is better.
    also WalMart is now carrying a better wet food - Natural Life it is called and has good ingredients.
    My cats won't touch it (of course) but my fosters usually enjoy it.

3. darkrabbit213

darkrabbit213 New Member

i did switch over gradually, and he really likes the food, he eats it better than the other stuff i used to give him, which is why i stuck with it... but maybe he'd like fancy feast just as well...

it's kind of gross to listen to your cat fart...

:mrgreen:

4. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

LOL and grosser yet SMELLING a cat fart :roll:

5. darkrabbit213

darkrabbit213 New Member

haha :m39: winks thinks is great fun to fart especially when there's company around

6. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

may be parasites, or bacteria like clostridium. :0011: maybe get a stool sample done. might not have anything to do with the food itself....

7. allenysis

allenysis New Member

my kitten had the same problem with the exact food.

we got a kitten when she was 4 weeks old and when we weened her we fed her whiskas wet kitten food. She loved it but it gave her really bad diarrhea. But like lynnhaz said she had a bacteria infection and needed and antibiotic. Afterwards we tried the same food again, but she wanted our older cats dry food. So we feed her purina kitten chow. Loves it more and the vets like it that we feed her that because it is not a rich as the other food.