1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Recommendations for a good shaver/trimmer?

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by vene, Jul 9, 2006.

1. vene

vene New Member

Can anyone recommend a good brand of shaver/trimmer? I'm not looking for a professional type that the groomers use. I just want something for maintainence at home and that it won't break and fall apart on me after a dozen uses. Pumpkin will need occasional shaving due to her fur matting. What type of shavers do you use on your furbabies? Cord or cordless? Price? Are your kitties afraid of the shavers? TIA

2. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

Shine will probably give you a better answer to this.

Personally I like Osters, theyre a bit on the pricey side but they just seem to last a lot longer than some of the others Ive used. Ive bought some cheap ones before but hit a few matts and the blades are wrecked or they fall apart.

3. lundbergsiberians

lundbergsiberians New Member

Just switching to cordless

I have always used a standard cord type trimmer, but been very dissatisfied with the cut, primarrily on the very fine fur. I trim around the hocks and genital area to allow the cats to stay clean, especially with cases of loose stools.

Yesterday a friend gave me a little cordless trimmer by Wahl. She has one of their more expensive ones and trimmed multiple animals on a regular basis and hers was over two years old. The little ones aren't very expensive. She did caution that one must use blade cleaner/lubricant or the trimmer won't last.

4. vene

vene New Member

Thanks DeLa and Tom for the good advice. I will look into both the Oster and the Wahl trimmers. Knock on wood, Pumpkin's fur is just starting to grow back nicely. No matts yet! :eek: