1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Red-Belly Pacu in 90gal tank?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by PacuMike, Jan 10, 2007.

1. PacuMike

PacuMike New Member

Hi, I recently bought a red belly pacu from a pet store, the owner of the store was there so I asked if this pacu would be good for my 90gal tank which only has one 4inch chillid. He said it would be good for my tank. Well I get home and I begin to read that pacu's need 250gal + tanks!!!! What you guys think? I guess I can still take him back to the store, he's pretty small and I just want what’s best for the little guy. I’m not planning on getting any other fish, and the chilid and pacu seem to get along. I have read stories about pacus breaking heaters in tanks. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Take the pacu back. 250 isn't even big enough. They really need closer to 300 - 500 gallons each (I'd consider 300 doable, but incredibly cramped). They also do best in groups which means closer to 1000+ gallons. These are monster fish that should never be sold to the general public.

[​IMG]

I also suggest never shopping at that store again.

3. PacuMike

PacuMike New Member

Thanks for the advice, wonder why the OWNER of the store would tell me such a thing? P.S. I hope u let that fish back into the water safely :wink: