1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Red Devil

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by M_wm, Aug 31, 2004.

1. M_wm

M_wm New Member

Ive read on most website Minimum for a RedDevil is 50 Gallons? is this right. They seem like a VERY cool fish!

2. Fishkin

Fishkin New Member

Well minimum for an adult should be at least 55 gallons not 50. Yes they are a VERY neat fish with ALOT of personality and aggresiveness. They should be kept alone also.

3. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Yup, you could keep a single red devil (one of my favorite new world cichlids) in a 55.

-Chelle

4. M_wm

M_wm New Member

COOOOOOOL. Is it so mean it would bit me when i clean the tank? And do u think if i got him at a really young age and a con at a young age they could live togather? I feel sorry for fish that live alone but its there choice :mrgreen:

5. Fishkin

Fishkin New Member

My guess is for a very little while they would be ok but once the other got more dominant it would be goodbye to the other. I have heard of Red Devil's biting the owners hand when feeding (just in the air to get the food before it hit the water lol, and while cleaning). They don't tolerate any other fish in the tank but they are "growing on you" because they are very smart and recognize you as the feeder as the master lol.

6. M_wm

M_wm New Member

Cool! I think if i get one i will get it VERY young I have heard fo these things living with clown loaches! i dont know how but i guess it all depends on how they are raised i want to get like 1 con and a RD at a young age and if one starts beating on the other ill give the con away. I guess i should get a tank first tho :p :y_the_best: