1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Red Tail Shark

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Mwm, Jul 16, 2004.

1. Mwm

Mwm New Member

Does anyone else have one? Mine hasnt eaten flake food ever and hes alive for like 3 months now im guessing he eat algae and stuff but is there anything else i can feed him???

2. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

i dont have one, but my friend does, she says he stays at the bottom and when the food is at the bottom he eats it all. go figure. so thats my best guess what he is doing.

3. Mwm

Mwm New Member

ok im just ganna leave it hes doing a good job of cleaning the tank and he looks cool, its gettin oretty big compared to when i bought it

4. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

yup, just watch his weight and make sure he isnt thin all of a suddan.

5. Dennis

Dennis New Member

I love red tail sharks, i had one, but he randomly disappeared in my tank, which was really odd since all of my fish were community fish. I really wish i had another one.

Yeah, with all of the ones i've had most of them eat off the bottom of the tank

6. Mwm

Mwm New Member

I had 2 (the guy at the lfs must have "forgot" to tell me when you put 2 in togather they will kill each other... Woke up the next morning and one was sititng there dead but the one i have left is awesome gettin pretty big to from when i bought him. He was like 1.5 inches now i bet hes close to 4"

7. dude412

dude412 New Member

hi i have 2 red tailed sharks and ones bout nd inch and a half and the other is likeabout 3 and a half inches and they dont fight and they eat flake food ut wut i do is you know were your filter is how the water runs out like a waterfall into the tank poot the food there and it will go to the bottom and the sharks will eat it !

8. M_wm

M_wm New Member

Good idea thats cool ur sharks dont hurt each other im having a problem wiht my angel fish attackin tiger barbs and they dont like to be attacked so they fight back :? I think im going to have to take it to the LFS

9. M_wm

M_wm New Member

Dennis Look on the floor Red tails are jumpers :(

10. M_wm

M_wm New Member

Not sure if anyone cares lol but here an update my shark has been eating flakes now i put em in the waterfall from the filter and he gets em about 1/2 way down :D

11. Nameless

Nameless New Member

My brother has red tail, but I don't really know much about them, I think my brother said they are quiet aggressive.

12. needlefish1

needlefish1 New Member

these guys are nice. give him some sinking food