1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

rescue remedy

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by footsie, Oct 8, 2004.

1. footsie

footsie New Member

I have to board footsie again starting tomorrow while I'm away on business. I feel so guilty leaving him.

I bought some rescue remedy that I'm going to give him in the morning to hopefully make it easier to get him into his carrier and also relax him when he first gets there. Last time I dropped him off he was hissing at me and the people that work there.

I gave him a drop of the remedy a few nights ago to make sure he wouldn't have an allergic reaction or anything like that. He seemed perfectly normal.

I'm not sure how much to give. The instuctions say 4 drops. But, its for drops for cats, dogs, and even people. Does that seem right? I'm 10 times the size of my kitty yet we get the same dose? :shock:

2. vene

vene New Member

:0011: Please let me know how the rescue remedy works out. Which brand did you purchase. I may need to buy some for my kitties. How long will you be away this time? Hopefully, Footsie will be ok. :m10:

3. footsie

footsie New Member

I bought Bach's rescue remedy. I didn't know there was any other brand. I found it at the grocery store with the natural cosmetics and vitamins. Pricy. I think its was 1/4 oz for $13!

I'm gone for 7 days this time. Last time it was 9, and around the 7th day was when I really started to miss him, and get excited about picking him up. Last time too, I think he may have dropped a bit of weight, although they said he was eating fine. Hope this time he'll be less stressed about being there.

This is so stressful. This is my first over-seas trip ever! And its for a work thing that is very stressfull right now. And I have to leave my kitty. Ahh. I don't even want to go anymore!

4. vene

vene New Member

I'm so sorry Footsie. *hugs* The trip will be over before you know it. :|

5. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

little footsie!!! he'll be just fine....but he will miss his momma. :(

i dont know a thing about rescue remedy. i would imagine someone will post....

btw...where overseas??? how exciting!! :eek:

p.s. (lols) when you posted about footsie leaving his stuffed toy in front of your bedroom...i just smiled at that...thought it was the cutest thing... :D

is that the same stuffed toy you used when he would get aggressive :m36: ...as a kitten??? :0011: :qm4:

6. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

Footsie, I know it's just as stressful for you as it is for your baby to board her while you're gone but it's the best thing to do.

Hubby and I went on a 3 day vacation back in Sept and relied on family to care for her while we were gone. We left her with pleanty of food and water on day one, that evening: his mom came by and replenished her food and freshened her water bowl and hung around for a couple of hours to keep her company. Day two: His sister was to come by and fill her food bowl with 6 packets of food and refreash her water bowl AND spend the night. But she dropped the ball and only gave her one packet of food, didn't touch her water bowl AND didnt spend the night like she promised. We got home the next day and Booger was starving and her meow sounded dry and raspy. We were furious! Next time, we'll definitely board her at our vet's.

At least you know that your baby will have company and be well cared for in boarding. You're doing the best thing for him ::hugs::

Have a safe trip and try to not worry too much.

7. darkrabbit213

darkrabbit213 New Member

It must be so stressful to have to leave your kitty for that long! I used to get heartbroken when I was forced to stay overnight at my mom's house and be away from my babies! I'm so glad it's over!