1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

rescued baby bunny

Discussion in 'All other pets' started by OneWolvesDream, Jun 15, 2004.

1. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

my sis just rescued a baby rabbit and we dont know what to feed it. it is about 3 days old far to yong for solid foods. any ideas?

2. nern

nern New Member

3. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

thanks! much appreciated

4. Obelix

Obelix New Member

If you go to a pet store like Petsmart or Petco (like a very specility store) then they should have a fourmal you can use.

5. bellack1

bellack1 New Member

Baby bunnys usually don't make it. I had one about a month ago- my roommate found it outside in the cold. I took it home and fed it KMR and it still died. I would recommend you take it to a wildlife rescue or something because it doesn't have much of a chance

Sorry. Don't be too dissappointed if it doesn't make it. As soon as it starts acting lethargic and lays on its side its dying. I just put him back in his box and in a quite place to die. I was crying but there was nothing I could do. I called the wildlife rescue but they said it was too late and it would've died anyway.

Hope it makes it tho. If you've raised an orphan kitten then its basically the same thing (I'm doing that now-10 days old)

6. Fishfirst

Fishfirst New Member

Bunnies are usually not orphaned... did you have proof that the mother was not taking care of it?

7. Blau_the_cow

Blau_the_cow New Member

I'm sorry to say that I agree.. Orphaned bunnys and many orphaned babies for that matter, don't usually do so well in the hands of humans. But congrats to you if you do manage to keep him going.

As well as specialty pet stores, I would recommend a vet clinic for some formula to feed the baby, and make sure to keep him warm, but not too hot. You'll have to be up all hours of the night to feed and check on this baby, and if their anything like rats, you'l have to clean his bum with a warm moist cloth.

Good Luck, and I hope he makes it :y_the_best: