1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

rip filter.

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by OneWolvesDream, Jul 16, 2004.

1. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

my aquaclear filter just died on me today, about 10 min later started but with a little stream, 10 min after that. it died it wont turn on or anything. i took it apart n all. any ideas?

2. tina1

tina1 New Member

So.... now can you ask your daddy for the penguin you wanted?

I've never had a filter die on me before so I'm not sure. I'd unplug it and clean the impeller and all the parts as much as possible and try to start it again. If that doesn't work try moving the piece that houses the motor up and down while its plugged in to give it a jump start.

If that fails... head to petsmart!

3. OneWolvesDream

yup, i did that, and about the filter i want he said no chance on earth, he is obsessed with wanting an undergravel filter. ugh. i got ticked of so i said im going to raise money and buy myself the filter i want he just replied, good idea thats the only way your getting. so not im outa luck.

4. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

I had 4 Whisper filters die on me. After getting new filters (not Whisper), I just threw them in one of my stands. 6 months later I pulled them out and gave them all a really good cleaning. I got one working pretty well (it's on my 20 gallon now and only occasionally quits working), another one working off & on (it will work for about 6 hours, then dies and has to be restarted again), the 3rd one will only run for about 30 seconds at the most, and the 4th one I haven't had a chance to test yet because it's too big to fit on my bucket.

So I say try giving it a really good cleaning and maybe buy a new impeller for it.

-Chelle

5. OneWolvesDream

here is a little update. lastnight really late i checked out the filterand we gave it a really good cleaning, its working really well right now! oh and just a little info. this is one that is on one of my 10 gal, i rememberd that it was on loan frome a friend! i freaked out when i remembered and it works now and all so no more worries, lol.

6. caj1968

caj1968 New Member

That's good news, I know how concerned you were about your fish. I guess we learn as we go. :lol:
    caj1968

7. OneWolvesDream

lol, one way to put it.

8. Obelix

Obelix New Member

Just had to comment that chelle is right, wisper filters are really really bad filters and die quickly, i had the wisper on my 10 gallon die like a week after i got it and the damn warrenty wouldnt cover "motor faliure" what a rip.

9. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

never try one and never wil now

10. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Whisper customer service isn't too helpful either. Her only suggestion was to replace the impellers. I told her I tried 2 new impellers in it w/o any luck and she offered to send me 2 more new impellers. :roll: So now I have a nice little stash of Whisper impellers.

-Chelle

11. OneWolvesDream

lol, not a bad idea. lol.

12. Obelix

Obelix New Member

I could never quite get through to their sevice line, I just shipped it to them and they sent it back saying they wouldnt replace it because the motor seized up... oy vey.

13. OneWolvesDream

thanks for tellin me that, i was debatin on that filter or another one.