1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Rock and Shell Tank

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Nameless, May 24, 2005.

1. Nameless

Nameless New Member

I have a whole bunch of small rocks and a whole bunch of shells and stuff like that, but I don't have any plants. I have a white substrate, and I have peach and blue shells and brown, white and peachish looking rocks, but I don't know how to make it all work without plants. Even if I put all the rocks and stuff in their, the tank is not going to look very natural, cause the shells are going to look too tropical but i have no plants, and the rocks are going to make it look barren. Plus I want it all to complement my fish that I am going to get, the neon tetras, the dwarf gourami and the guppies. I dunno what to do, any advice. Any good pictures of any such tanks.

2. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

3d background maybe

3. Trickster

Trickster New Member

nice backround, and get decorations that match ur backround, i got a standard back round, where there is red plants, i have my red plants lined up with it, same with green, and that makes it look realy nice. My fish dont compliment the setup to much but it still looks amazing!

4. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

psot some pictures of you tank, so we can see what your tlaknig about and what you have to work with, so then we can go from there. :y_the_best:

5. tyler_medeiros

tyler_medeiros New Member

well how much rock do you have.
    You could get silicone and stack the rock in some way to make it look like caves and stuff. The buy like one plant and take it apart and glue it to the structure in different places to make it look a little more natural. I think it could look really good.
    Also a diy 3d backround would be awsome.

6. Nameless

Nameless New Member

I initially did not want to do anything too elaborate cause it is only a 20 gallon tank. I was thinking of doing something like that for my ropefish tank!