1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

ropefish with African cichlids ?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Fish Addict, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

would i be able to put a rope fish in my 125 with my african's ?

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

If they're peacocks/haps, then maybe. If they're mbuna, then I wouldn't try it. He'll likely get picked on a lot.

-Chelle

3. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

so it would be risky eh

4. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Mine beat the crap out of my pleco. Plus they ate all the food before he could get any and he got really thin.

-Chelle

5. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

mine haven't touched my my plecos

6. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Are you talking about the african cichlids being so mean or the ropefish. It sort of depends, the ropefish can go with some of the larger fish just as long as they can't fit the ropefish in its mouth. YOu shouldn't really put the ropefish with most cichlids because just like the pleco, the cichilds will eat all the food and the ropefish will not get any and to add onto that ropefish are very picky about food. Ropefish also take a long time to find their food because they have not the best eye sight so they "smell" their food. Also, ropefish are quiet peaceful and might get bullied. They really have no defense against bullies other than their really hard scales.

I hope that helps, and tell me how it goes with your ropefish.

7. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

weird.....my africans would always go after/kill the plecos, but they never even bothered any of the loaches i had with them.

8. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

mine never touch my plecos lol i don't have the rope yet its my old one i had given to my sister but she doesn't want her it anymore and i can't see someone esle take it