1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Rosy red breeding help!

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Nameless, Aug 26, 2004.

1. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Today I bought my feeder guppies so that I could breed them to use them as feeders. My mom got mad a me saying that guppies are too small of a feeder fish and goldfish require to much time and space to breed (surprised that she knows that cause she does care about my fish) so I was thinking of breeding both guppies and rosy reds does anyone have any links or advice?

2. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Also, Horray I'm finally a Senior Member! :eek: :shock: :D :) 8) :lol: :p :wink: :y_the_best: :eek: :shock: :D :) 8) :lol: :p :wink: :y_the_best: :eek: :shock: :D :) 8) :lol: :p :wink: :y_the_best:

3. M_wm

M_wm New Member

Cool :y_the_best:

4. Obelix

Obelix New Member

Congrats, Guppies should be sufficent size feeders but as with all feeders you should suppliment their diet with some sort of flake a few times a week.

5. Nameless

Nameless New Member

They are quiet small though, thats why I really want to know how to breed rosy red minnows. Yeah, I know that feeders are only treats. So any of you have any advice or links?

6. M_wm

M_wm New Member

Why did u change ur user name?

7. Nameless

Nameless New Member

I changed it because Auspetian told me that I had to change it at the cost of the termination of my account so I was very willing to comply with him/her.

8. Obelix

Obelix New Member

Wow was it really that blunt?

9. Nameless

Nameless New Member

I don't want to start anything up, but, it was very accurate to what I said. I don't think that he meant to be rude or anything by saying what he said.

10. M_wm

M_wm New Member

Thats to bad i think its cool everyone has there own user name that they get to pick.

11. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Actually, unless it's an obligate piscovore, it's much better to feed flake/pellets every day and just treat with feeders (home raised or quarantined) no more than once a week.

And here's a little info on breeding them. http://www.fishpondinfo.com/rosies.htm

I have 8 in my pond, but so far no breeding has occured (at least to my knowledge). I really like them though, and I think they're a great alternative to keeping goldfish in an aquarium environment because they can be housed more practically in medium sized aquariums.

-Chelle

12. tina1

tina1 New Member

wonder why.... :?:

13. Nameless

Nameless New Member

I sort of told me and sort of didn't and I didn't understand him and I am still today puzzled but I just wanted to keep my account so it was no biggie.