1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

rummynose tetra species tank

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by tski22, Jul 11, 2005.

1. tski22

tski22 New Member

I have been tampering with a 10 gallon for a while and finally exacted my condiotions. 75 degrees, 7 pH. Everything is perfect, so i think I'm ready to try for them even though I know they're difficult, so my question is... How many would be good for a 10 gallon, its going to be jsut them because they are really interesting fish. Thanks in advance!! - tl

2. Petz8888

Petz8888 New Member

Ill do resaerch , be back in a bit!!

3. Trickster

Trickster New Member

rummy nose tetras are relativly small fish, somehwere about an inch or more, so you could get even 10 of them. 10 or around that like 8 would be perfect. GL with all that.

4. Nameless

Nameless New Member

With only rummynose's I would say 7-8, 10 would be your your max. Are there any plants in your tank, cause with live plants you would probaly be fine with all 10. I don't think they would add to a huge bioload for a 10 gallon, but be sure to get them from a good lfs and make sure you have good water conditions and acclimatize them well cause I heard that they are not always forgiving of faulty water conditions and need to be acclimitized well. Good luck and be sure to post lots of pics when you get them!

5. dude412

dude412 New Member

You could go with 7 and get some ghost shrimp a snail an ADF or a clam to help filter just IMO becuase i like a variety of fish and other stuff it will look pretty good espacially with some live plants,good luck.

6. Nameless

Nameless New Member

. I don't think lfs normally sell freshwater clams, well at least the ones around me don't. That is a good idea though to mix things up, unless tski22 wants a species tank. 6 rummies, 1 adf and 3 ghosties should be good. Rummies are pretty active to be sure to provide a lot of swimming space as well as some hiding places.

7. tski22

tski22 New Member

Thank you for the fast replies. I will post pics as soon as things get under way. - tl

8. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

wow ive been thinkin of doing the same thing with my old ten gallon and i even build a new stand for it but i want to do planted neon tetra tank but with you ? i would put 7or 8 in unless plan'ted then 9 or 10