1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Run, Run, Run to the store and buy a Zoom Groom!

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Chessmind, May 3, 2004.

1. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi everybody. Mary_NH was talking about Zoom Groom in a couple of posts. Well, today I was at the pet supply store and I saw them. I looked at it and thought it looks kind of stupid, but I bought it anyway since she thought it worked well. So, I go home and start brushing Handsome with it and not only does it remove tons of excess hair (view pic of brush and big hairball), but he is content as can be. It kind of gives them a little massage while it removes hair. I brush Handsome every single day and look how much excess loose hair it got out that the brush didn't! Amazing! To get a better idea of how big that hairball is, the Zoom Groom is about 4.5 inches long and the base is about 2.5 inches wide. So, anyway, I think it's a great product and I hope everyone gets one, especially since summer is coming soon and removing loose hairs helps our furry kitties stay cooler and helps to prevent hairballs. I bought this one from a private pet shop and it cost me $10 (U.S.), but I'm sure Petsmart and other larger shops charge a lot less. I would also like to say a big THANK YOU to Mary_NH. :eek:
    [​IMG]

2. deb2950

deb2950 New Member

????????????

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You have a blue Cat?

3. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

:lol: If so I'd love to see pics!

4. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

LOl. Kind of. They call cats like mine 'Blue Cats.' Kind of like Russian Blues and so on. Although, he isn't a Russian Blue. His fur can look a bit blue, but I think the pic made it look even more blue.

5. moose

moose New Member

ewwwww. that's crazy -- i wouldn't think something like that could get out that much fur! i may need to invest in one. :-#

6. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Okay, here is a pic of Handsome. Jeez, I need to take some newer pics of him. I'll get on this soon. Anyway, here he is and he doesn't look blue LOL, but sometimes in certain lighting his fur does have a blue hue.

[​IMG]

7. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Moose, that's what I thought when I saw it too. LOL I was thinking, this is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen! But, it works so well! I am so happy I decided to get it. It really does look stupid though, but this Zoom Groom is a must have!

8. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

I think his name fits him perfectly. The pics makes it look very blue. Almost as blue as the Zoom Groom!

9. nern

nern New Member

LOL. That picture really makes his hair look blue.

Thats really neat...I've seen those before. Maybe I will have to get one as well.

10. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

LOL. Okay here is another pic and his hairball doesn't look blue in it. I don't know why that first pic turned out so blue. Anyway, I should have posted this pic below, because the zebra background is actually a clothe blanket that I bought for Handsome today. It's very soft and at the top left corner there is a little pocket that comes stuffed with dried catnip. You can open and close the pocket to add more catnip to it. Well, when I got home today, I couldn't get the little blanket out of it's bag fast enough. As soon as I got it out Handsome took off running with it! He just loves his new blanket. It's only 1 foot and 3 inches on each side. So, anyway, here is another pic of the fur ball, the Zoom Groom and his new catnip/zebra blanket. :mrgreen:

[​IMG]

11. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

:love_y_t_much:

my cats love their Zoom Groom...I also hesitated on getting one but Zeus will even roll over onto his back to be Zoomed.

The foster mom I had last year that was left behind for a month with 2 litters of kittens. She was longhaired and so matted it was sad. She was so hard to brush cause she was nothing but skin/fur and bones. So I Zoom Groomed her...she was so overjoyed with being Zoomed.

12. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

I wonder if it works that well on dogs???

13. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

I've used the Zoom Groom on my dog and she has quite a thick coat so the rubber combs things on the Zoom Groom don't go through as well. Probably a shorter haired dog like a lab would benefit from it....but long-haired dogs (at least mine) I found the zoom groom didn't get to the skin at all (rubber tips on this are good for skin circulation as well as grooming)

14. Kev

Kev New Member

Your cats hell of a nice, and that thingy looks cool. I might have a look for one on eBay :D

Kev

15. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi. Handsome says 'thanks' for the compliments. :mrgreen: Samsintentions: As for using the Zoom Groom on dogs, I know they make one just for dogs (see link below). Mary_NH did you use the cat one on your dog? If not do you think the dog one still wouldn't be that great on long haired dogs? I suppose you could still get it and use it to promote oil production/circulation (meaning shiny fur) and a nice little massage for your dog(s) too. Also, Mary_NH, I really like your coin word: 'Zoomed.' LOL. I'm going to say that to Handsome before I 'zoom' him (he knows vocabulary words). He just loves being 'zoomed!'

Dog Zoom Groom link:

http://www.puplife.com/cgi-bin/plugins/ ... gory_Code=

16. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

thanks Chess...my dog would love it I'm sure. She's not much on letting me brush her (I normally rake her coat). I think she'd like the feeling of being "zoomed" :p

17. dolly

dolly New Member

Handsome sure looks happy! lol His coat is so shiny--what a doll. I have a mitt with the plastic nubs on it that my kitties love, I swear I could comb all day and hair would still come out!

18. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Mary_NH, you mean an actual gardening rake? LOL. If so you should post a pic of this grooming process in the dog forum.

Dolly: Handsome says thank you. :D I have not seen those rubber mits. Do you have any pics of it handy? It must work a lot like the Zoom Groom. It seems like the hair is just attracted to the rubber cones. I was 'Zooming' Handsome after work and he was purring and throwing himself on the floor and rolling over and didn't want me to stop. He's so funny.

Kyles101: If you happen to see this post, maybe Pepe would like a Zoom Groom. You can order it online if you can't find one in your area. Also how is he doing? Have you found what is causing his allegies? I hope he's doing better.

19. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

i think a place online i buy from seels the zoom grooms.. ... .. yes they do! i might get one, he wont be able to attack it. he usually grabs the combs from my hand. the litter hasnt really helped his allergies, he still has weepy eyes. i think they have gotten a little better though the past week. it might possibly be just a seasonal thing, the weather is cooling down quite a bit.

i have just ordered a zoom groom lol. $17 AUD.

20. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

:eek: Yeah Kyles! I sure hope Pepe likes it. Or at the very least let's you 'zoom' him. If at all possible I'd really like to see pics of Pepe getting 'zoomed.' Even if it's a Pepepoohead picture! LOL.

That's too bad he's still not all better. Have you thought about it being something in his food? Or perhaps even air fresheners, carpet cleaners, cleaning products, scented candles/oils that are burning. Basically a lot of things. I sure hope you figure it out. I'm sure he'll be less of a grump once he feels better. I know people that have allegies and they feel miserable.