1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Rusty Barbed Wire?

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by lanena322, Apr 19, 2004.

1. lanena322

lanena322 New Member

Before I post ANYTHING I just want to let everyone know my pups are fine. For the first tie this is not about them but about me.

Ive read a few posts on rusty barbed wire, just wanted to know what could happen if you got pierced by rusty wire? Yesterday afternoon I was trying to knock some mandarin oranges out of a tree with a big stick, and i guess i lowered my hand too much (the tree is growing on the other side of some barbed wire) and I got cut with some rusty barbed wire on my left thumb. Its kind of like when you scrape yourself only 10 times deeper than a scrape. Well I started to bleed like craz and I got home and washed it with soap, and when i washed it i realized that I had a piece of the wire in my finger! I took it out and washed it again, put alcohol and some anti bactirial stuff.

Just wondering the possible effect, my mom said we'd have to watch it and see what happens, she knows nothing about this but she does reaalize it looks ugly and that the wire was rusty. The cut is more or less closed now but when I squeeze it this clear liquid with a bit of blood and once a bit of poo came out. Please help!

2. catrastrophe

catrastrophe New Member

I would go get a tetanus shot from a Doc. And they will probably put you on antibiotics too. :(

3. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi. If it was a minor cut you would get a tetanus shot if your last tetanus shot was over 10 years ago. Since your cut was more serious (puncture wound) get a tetanus shot if your last tetanus shot was over 5 years ago. If you have never had a tetanus shot then go and get one a.s.a.p.

4. Hi Ianena, Please go get the shot, you can never be too careful :( Poor thing! I hope you feel better real soon... :D

Keep us posted....Susan

5. lanena322

lanena322 New Member

thanks everyone! i had heard somewhere (probably here) about the tetanus shot thing, but I wasnt too sure. I got mine maybe 3 years ago, no more than 4. I did go and Im on antibiotics. It actually looks much better now than it did yesterday, maybe it was just the scare!

Good thing it was me and not one of my pups, I would have died!

6. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

If its been that long, you need to get one done asap. IF you start to get cold chills and sweating, throbing throughout your body, and uncontrollable shaking, it could be infected.

7. lil96

lil96 New Member

Tetnus(?sp) shot is a must!

Last year I got cut by some steel, not rusty, at my job and had to go to the hospital. The rule at the hospital is that if you can't remember your last tetnus or it has been over 5 years you MUST get a new one. the effects from rusty nail, barbed wire infections( idon't know if thisis actually called tenus or that is the shots name) are things like lock jaw and soreness but I don'T really know. When I got my tetnus everyone warned me oh it is going to hurt and be sore for a while but it wasn'T bad.