1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Sad News

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by charmedagain, Jul 3, 2004.

1. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

HI guys sorry i aint been on much had alot to deal with. My sister was rushed into hospital after have a major epileptic fit in the street while going round to her boyfriends familys house with the baby luckily her boyfriend was with her.

She is doing better and needs to rest as much as possible so my mum has taken over looking after my nephew till my sister is at full strength again.

Then to top it all i got a call from the lady that took AKira (female) one of mitzys pups today and she told me that akira was out for her walk slipped her leash and ran straight infront of a car she was rushed to the vets who could not do anything as the car did some real damage to her insides and lungs so sadly she was put too sleep.

The owner is so upset and blames herself she can not understand how she could slip her leash as it was on correctly but i pointed out pups are very clever and can get out of almost anything..

Told her not to blame herself i dont its just one of lifes upsets.
    I am trying not to get upset myself as she was the best well behaved pup i ever had but its hard not to get upset when things like this happen.

THanks for letting me babble on./

mike

2. Jody

Jody New Member

:cry: :cry: :cry: Mike I am so sorry to hear about the upsets that have happened. My thoughts are with and your family at this time.

I am very sorry about Akira, that is just so sad. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Wish your sister a speedy recovery.

3. lil96

lil96 New Member

Oh that is so sad, I was wondering why you hadn'T been here in a while. I thought maybe you were taking your uncles duties pretty seriously. But is your sis ok? Has she had seizures before or is it some sort of stress from having a baby? is the baby ok too?
    That is a real pity about the puppy.
    I hope everything starts to get better for you! :lol:

4. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

sorry to hear that mike. hope things get better!

5. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

Mike: Your poor Sister. Just when enjoying life with the new Baby. After some rest she will be good to go, I'm sure!

Sorry to hear about Akira. It sounds like it was a real unfortunate accident.

Sounds like a tough week for you. Just count your blessings and all the goodness in your life.

6. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Mike I am so sorry to hear about the hard times you have had to endure lately. May I ask, does your sister have epilepsy? The reason I ask is I was diagnosed with epilepsy when I became pregnant with my first child at the age of 19. The doctors said it was always present but that most likely my episodes went unnoticed as a child because I was misdiagnosed as having ADD. Anyhow I did not begin having Grand mal seizures until my first pregnancy due to a huge hormonal change and I have had them on occasion every since and with my second and third child I went through periods in my pregnancy where I had seizures a couple of times a week. Have the doctors diagnosed your sister with epilepsy previously?
    IM sorry for asking such private questions. I understand if you do not wish to answer them. I ask because I have struggled with this illness for quite sometime now and have seen countless doctors for the problem and knowing your sister just had a baby it made me wonder if our circumstances were similar. Because epilepsy is not commonly triggered by hormonal changes it is in constant dispute among many doctors. Again I am sorry if I seem to be intruding. I wish the best for you and your family and Im so sorry to hear about the little pup.

7. vene

vene New Member

I am so sorry to hear of the sad news. I will pray for a speedy recovery for your sister. My Vene cat was hit by a car and died instantly around this time last year. I understand your grief. Take care.

8. SwtBettyLu

SwtBettyLu New Member

I am so sorry to hear about your sister that is so sad. She will be ok you'll see. And I am also sorry about the loss of the puppy. God Bless.

9. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

:love_y_t_much: big hugs to you, mike... you need them! I'm so sorry about all the bad news....

10. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Mike so sorry for all thats going on. MY sister too just had a baby and has epilepsy. We are watching her day and night in case she has a seizure. With her last child she had 14 in the month after delivery. I hope she is recovering ok and the baby is fine.

Sorry about the puppy as well!

11. nern

nern New Member

I'm sorry to hear about your sister. I hope she gets well quickly. I'm also sorry to hear about the puppy. :cry:

12. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Thanks you guys.
    My sister was diagnosed 8years ago when she was 8yrs old and it was me that noticed something was wrong because she suffered from blackouts when she had tests done it showed she had mild epilepsy but since the baby was born her boyfriends has put her under alot of stress not helping with the baby she is doing everything herself and drs said this is likely to be the cause of her seizure But it also could be down to the hormone levels.

She never had fits before this even her pregnancy went well and her blackouts stopped Drs seem to think this is because of hormone levels helped it a little but now they are back and worse than ever because after having a baby your hormone levels are all over the place and your body cant keep up. The seizure scared the life out of her boyfriend who was with her at the time it happend i am just so glad she was not alone with the baby when it happened.

Again thanks you guys for your thoughts and caring words no wonder this is onoe top board such friendly and caring people. :D

mike

13. Oh Mike that's horrible! I'm so very sorry :cry: I'll be praying for you your sis and that poor woman....

Hang in there buddy!!! and please continue to vent as much as you need to...

Susan

14. Jules

Jules New Member

I'm sorry too Mike, hope your sister is ok. And that poor little puppy... hang in there.

15. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

How scary! I hope your sister is feeling better. I know seizures take a lot out of you. We had a friend staying with us once who had seizures, and she was wiped out for the rest of the day whenever she had one.

I hope your sister knows to carry the baby in something secure whenever she is alone - I would hate for her to drop the baby if she suddenly has a seizure. I have thought about it before and if I ever had a problem with frequent seizures, I would want one of those seizure-sniffing service dogs. :)

I'm so sorry to hear about Akira. Sometimes it seems like the best are taken first. It must be horrifying for that poor woman to have witnessed it. It's one of my worst nightmares.

Jamiya

16. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Aw Mike! I'm sorry. Hope all is doing better. Keep your head up and tell yoursister to hang in there.

17. kindness_001

kindness_001 New Member

Wow Mike, so sorry about both .. you all our in my thoughts and Prayers.