1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Salt

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Fishkin, Sep 11, 2004.

1. Fishkin

Fishkin New Member

I was wondering if water softener tablets would work in place of aquarium salt?

2. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

what would they b in the need of replacing the salt for?

3. Fishkin

Fishkin New Member

I mean in the future I wouldnt have to buy the aquarium salt I could just use our water softener salt..can I?

4. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

hmmm, i dont know anything about water softener salt so sorry

5. Obelix

Obelix New Member

You should stick with a good brand of aquaium salt "Aquarium Pharmicutals" has a good pack thats pretty in-expensive for alot of freshwater salt and it has some extra trace elements for a little more. Im not sure about the water softner but do some reaserch before you switch over completely.

6. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

It depends on what type of salt and other thigns are in your water softener salt. I do know that in place of aquarium salt you can use non-iodinized table salt or kosher salt (I use kosher). They tend to be cheaper than actual aquarium salt.

-Chelle

7. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

The least expensive route that I know of is NON-iodized Ice Cream Salt. I think it runs about 39 cents for a large box. It's been a while since I purchased any.

8. Ryan

Ryan New Member

Can you use salt to make the water softer?