1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Sarge was killed yesterday

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Sarge'smom, Dec 17, 2004.

1. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

My ex husband accidently forgot to lock the gate at his parents house and Sarge got out of the backyard yesterday. They found him about a quarter of a mile away. He had been hit by a car and was killed instantly.

The kids are doing terrible. I'm doing terrible. My idiot Ex is doing terrible.

Christmas will not be the same without him. Alex keeps asking where his "Poe Poe Dawg" is.

I never had a dog that brought that much happiness and laughter to my life before and I feel sick that he is gone.

Maybe, he went to help Pinky. That actually makes me feel a little better to think that way. That she is there to help him.

I know I'm rambling, but my brain is not working to well right now.

Not sure how much I will be on for a while. Just wanted everyone here to know. As you all followed his antics for a time.

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

I am so sorry :cry: :cry: :cry: i know what you mean about a dog bringing so much happiness.

Just remember he knew you all loved him and he will be with you always and will be waiting for the day your reunited.
    My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Again i am so sorry

Mike

3. lil96

lil96 New Member

Oh I am so sorry and shocked (as I am sure you are too). Is there anything we can do to helpyou? I am soo sorry, I feel terrible. I don't know what to say, I am so supriesed and shocked. I hope things get better for you

4. Blueribbon

Blueribbon New Member

I'm so very sorry for you loss. I'm having a hard time writing this as the tears are flowing down my cheeks. Sarge will be missed by all, you and your family are in my prayers. :m13:

5. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

Thank you all. I really am in shock I think. I don't know what to do. I keep sitting here crying and then I think I have to DO something and I don't know what to do! I could strangle my Ex, he is so irresponsible. Then I feel terrible that I did not fight harder for complete custody of Sarge. But, I didn't want to upset the boys. I wish I had. I feel awful. I know I would have been more careful, more diligent about Sarge's safety. I haven't said any of that to my Ex b/c I know he feels terrible too. But, I need to vent, and I know I can to all of you.

What are we going to do without him?

6. elizavixen

elizavixen New Member

I'm sorry for you loss. I know how hard it is to lose a dog suddenly. You keep thinking that there was more you could have done, etc. but you did everything you could. It wasn't your fault. Bad things just happen to the best dogs it seems.

7. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

:cry: I'm very sorry for your loss and know that Sarge will be greatly missed. I know it will be hard to cope with but know that in time it will get better. When a friend goes suddenly there are always the questions of what if, but you didn't know that this was going to happen. Take consulation in the fact that he went quickly and did not have to suffer.

You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

8. Sara

Sara New Member

I'm shocked and soooo sorry to hear about your loss... I'm at work our the tears would most certainly be falling...and still might. I'm soo sorry... If you need ANYTHING don't hesitate to ask.

Remember he will always be with you, didn't suffer and is with many of our past friends who will help make his own transition better... I'm soooo sorry... You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers...

9. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

This is a total shock!! I'm so very sorry.

It seemed like I personally knew Sarge from all the stories you've told us about him. He was a magnificent dog.

Again, I can't tell you how very sorry I am.

10. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

My prayers are with your and your family. This tragedy is heartfelt and your grief is shared by the whole Auspet community.
    When I lost my old Jake his Vet made a donation in his name to the Texas A & M Veternary school. If you could please post the name of a school near you I am sure more than a few of us would like to do the same in memory of Sarge.

11. Sara

Sara New Member

Or a shelter near you...

GREAT idea Dukesdad!

12. honeybears

honeybears New Member

I am so sorry to hear about Sarge, please dont beat yourself up over it, You are right, Sarge wnet over the rainbow bridge and he is frolicking in doggie heavin with Pinky, we are all here for you, so please do vent, it does help.

(((hugs)))

honeybear

13. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

OH my gosh!! I'm SOooo soooo sooo sorry. I'm completely bawling here at work, and everyone thinks I"m and idiot! I don't personally know these dogs, but with the stories, and photos and day to day convo about them, I feel that I did know them..

Oh if there is ANYTHING I can do to help. PLEASE let me know.

I liked the idea of making a chirstmas ornament with Sarge on it as a reminder of your times together. Perhaps that could help the children cope with his passing a little better?

Big hugs to you and my deepst condolences to your family....

14. someday

someday New Member

oh Sarge's mom..i'm so sorry! I know how difficult this is. Especially since you have to grieve while helping your children cope with the loss. I think the ornament is a great idea..or a donation in his name. Just something for them to be involved with to remember him. I remember when I was small, my beagle died and my mother let me choose a special place to keep his collar and tags..it was actually very comforting. Just remember he is in a happy place now, even though you miss him very much. You made him very happy and there was nothing else you could have done.

15. Piper's Mom

Piper's Mom New Member

:( Our thoughts are with you and your family ...

16. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

We were going to donote to Gina's charity in memory of Pinky instead of the local SPCA that we donate to every year. But, this year, we will donate to both. In memory of Pinky and of Sarge.

Thank you sams for the ornament idea, that was a literal life saver! I need to focus my energy somewhere. And thank you Dukes Dad for the thought. All of you (Auspet family) have made having Sarge in our lives an even richer experience. He is how I met all of you. He has given us so much more than we ever gave him.

Anyone interested may donate to our local SPCA:

Allen County SPCA
    4914 South Hanna
    Fort Wayne, Indiana 46806

They rely soley on donations and try to never put an animal down, but to keep and care for the animal until it's adopted or lives out it's life at the shelter. The people who work there are nothing short of miraculous themselves. They have even begun training the animals to help with their adoptability. Thank you all for letting my grief over a "mere" (sarcasam intended) pet be open and understood.

17. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Again I'm soo sorry.

18. mamabear_34

mamabear_34 New Member

:cry: Oh Sarge'smom, I am so sorry to hear about Sarge!! I dont know what I would do if it was Buffy or Buddy. I will keep you in my prayers!!

19. pomlover

pomlover New Member

I am so sorry to hear about Sarge!! You and your family are in our thoughts! With deepest sympathy!

20. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

Thank you all again. And for the pm's I have been getting. I read some of these to my oldest son so he could see that more than just our family cared about Sarge. It really made him happy for a while. He loved the idea that other people cared about Sarge. I could not be any prouder of being a part of this board.

I know we were talking about adding a puppy into our family once the holidays were over, but, now, we may wait for a bit. It just seems like something I cannot deal with. Replacing him.

Thank you all again.
    And my son Nicholaus asked me to tell everyone "thank you for loving my Sarge too, he was the best dog ever."