1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Scarey bathing...

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by Sook, May 9, 2004.

1. Sook

Sook New Member

Well, this is something thats SLOWLY becoming a touch and go situation for me and my scoob's... bathing.. Oh the fun of it, hes a inside dog remeber, never has that "dog" smell, but he is dog and does what everyones elses dogs love to do, roll in crap!

Anyhow, when he was much younger bathing him wasnt a problem, he was all playful and happy and attacked me during washing (playfully), but as hes grown hes taken on the attitude of a 6year old boy.. no i ant bathing, anyhow once hes in there hes all angus and shit, rips his hair up (the pattern of aggression, not the im small and harmless pattern, yes i know my dogs different back patterns)
    and growls and snarls, yeah i love my dog and trust him, the waters not cold and its not hot - its just a little bit above louk-warm, dont get me wrong im not scared of my dog but i also dont want to find out the hard-way if im doing something wrong.. End result is he lets me wash him with lots of "growling/talking", once hes out of the bath hes absolutely fine and fulla beans....

I dont wash too close round his ears, i use approved vet's "shampoo for white dogs", im not rough and he doesn't get nothing in his eyes...
    Im just wondering if anyone knows how to make there dog enjoy being bathed...

Oh yeah, im not keen on gettin in with him to bath him! :roll:

any ideas.?

2. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Some dogs just hate baths!
    My dogs all do great with taing a bath.
    You might try leashing him while bathing to make it easier to hang on to him. I used to have to do that with one of my dogs. As far as the growling goes he definetely needs to know that will not be tolerated!

3. Killerbee2

Killerbee2 New Member

I think you need to go back to square one and teach him whos boss. Make sure he knows that what he is doing is not acceptable. Maybe take him out more and play in water. if you knows its just water and not lava he might like it more! 8)

4. Sook

Sook New Member

Wow, this post was made back in 2004, its now 2006 lol.....

All is fine, the solution was simple, put him in the shower, this was hes amussing himself by chomping at the falling water while he gets a good wash... :mrgreen: