1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Scarlett - Cat of the Century

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Cassie, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

Has anyone seen or heard of this? It literally brought tears to my eyes.

Warning, sad story with a happy ending. There is one really sad image of a hurt kitty at the top of the page, but it's worth the read.

http://www.moggies.co.uk/html/scarlett.html

2. nern

nern New Member

I tried the link but it said the page does'nt exist :? . I'll have to try again later on.

3. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

oops...my bad. I left the 'l' off of 'html'. It works now.

Sowwy

4. vene

vene New Member

Yes. The story was featured everywhere- the news, reader's digest, etc. Scarlett is one amazing cat. I especially love the poem. I hope I never have to be tested like that.

5. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

I was reading around and this occurred in 1996...I'm surprised I hadn't heard of it before. I'm a news hound and am addicted to CNN. What an amazing and touching story. **sniffle**

6. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Wow! That is quite an amazing story! She was an amazing mommy to her kitties. Poor girl. She went through so much, just to save her kittens. :( That was very touching. Thank you for posting it. I'm so glad there was a happy ending.

7. footsie

footsie New Member

What terrible pictures! I couldn't get to the aricle the the pictures were enough to make me close the page. I'm a wimp I know. I'll just have to take your word that the cat is a hero.

8. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

footsie, she ran into and out of a burning building 5 times to rescue all her kittens. She got them all out. Unfortunitly one of the kittens passed away and she suffered blistering burns but she and her surviving kittens are all doing well now and are adopted out. What an amazing cat.

9. nern

nern New Member

Now thats a devoted mother. It was hard to see the pictures of her after she got burned so badly...poor girl.