1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

seen-a-snail

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by OneWolvesDream, May 23, 2004.

1. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

im trying a snail treatment called seen-a-snail and i was wondering if it works cause im tired of snails

2. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

i am not sure if it works or not, but if u have enough room in your tank you could get a clown loach or 2. those are naturally a snail's predator and will eat every snail it can find. in my opinion, that is a better choice then chemicals but do what you feel would work better. goodluck with the snail problem.

3. OneWolvesDream

thnx n i dnt have any room i have to many platy fish. and clown loaches are semi-aggressive and i have non-aggressive

4. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Is it "seen-a-snail" or "had-a-snail"? I've used the latter and had only moderate luck with it. It never completely got rid of the snails and it contains copper which isn't the greatest thing for fish to be constantly exposed to. Now I just wait until the snails get decent sized and during a water change I'll collect as many as I can and feed them to the oscars. I haven't been able to collect all the snails yet, but I get the number down far enough that I only have to do a round up every month or two.

-Chelle

5. OneWolvesDream

im gettin a clown loach the snails are compleatly distroying my plants!

6. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

good choice

7. OneWolvesDream

mayb not...lol.... well atlease not now. the had-a-snail stuff torked when u ut drops direcly on the sail (poor poor snail) and the stuff worked so i guess in the long show it works

8. ceveretts

ceveretts New Member

I would stick with collecting them by hand like Chelle said or getting a clown loach like grnlemanade said rather than any kind of chemical. In my experience the more stuff I add to the water the more dead fish I have. Brutal, but true! Good luck. :)