1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Serious Help! Ropefish on Hunger Strike! Again!

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Nameless, Feb 4, 2005.

1. Nameless

Nameless New Member

I know I have made like 5 posts in the past about my ropefish and it's hunger strikes, but this time I'm freaking out. He hasn't been eating again recently, and he is losing a whole lot of his/her weight! I tried squid about 2 months ago and he don't like it. I tried beefheart and he ate it once and then he never ate it again. Plus, I tried bloodworms which he would occasionally eat (and was what I guess was keeping him from complete starvation) if the cube sinks down to the gravel in a big lump, but now he completely refuses it and swims around the tank looking for food I guess. He only comes out of his caves, when he knows that I put a bloodworm cube in the tank but when I place the cube in front of him to eat he he goes to it like he is going to eat it and when he touches it, he swims away like he is afraid of it or is disguisted by it. The only that I haven't tried are other live foods like frozen shrimp, ghost shrimp or my feeder guppies, however, I don't know why but I feel wrong putting the feeder guppies in their (porbaly cause I now have a sedimently bond with them since I raised and bred most of them and they are so used to me they just swim right into the fish net thinking I'm going to feed them), but if I have to keep my ropefish keep my little ropefish from complete starvation buy feeding them to him then , I guess I'll have to feed them to him/her, but that is of course if my convicts and feeder goldfish don't get to them first. I don't know what else to do. Any other help?

Thank you for all your posts!

2. Nameless

Nameless New Member

I need help! Could someone please help me!

3. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

I've been looking around online, but other than trying different foods, I haven't been able to find anything really helpful yet.

-Chelle

4. Nameless

Nameless New Member